When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the differences in Torrington Pedals? Esp. #6?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

popawheelie

Finally riding a big boys bike
I've seen Torrington 6's, but I am "used" to the Torrington 8's and 10's. What is the difference between each designation number? Width, depth, etc.?
Mike Siddons

No.6 are girls pedals and that 6 might be a 9. And the difference I seen in 8 and 10's are the blocks are different.

What difference did you find?

No.6 are girls pedals and that 6 might be a 9. And the difference I seen in 8 and 10's are the blocks are different.

The Torrington 6's are advertized as such, so they are not 9's.

You say you have seen a difference in 8's and 10s, and that the blocks are Different. What difference do you find?

Mike Siddons [email protected]

The Torrington 6's are advertized as such, so they are not 9's.

You say you have seen a difference in 8's and 10s, and that the blocks are Different. What difference do you find?

Mike Siddons [email protected]

Hey Mike,
I will email a pic of each to you. Did you ever get the serial number off that twinbar?
Ivo

Last edited:
If your willing to post those pictures here i would also like to see a side by side comparison of the different torringtons.

10's and 8's

If your willing to post those pictures here i would also like to see a side by side comparison of the different torringtons.

Tens on left, the cap end reads 10, cap reads 8 on right. The blocks are 4" on both, beefier blocks and shape variation on ten's

Torrington #6 pedals are men's pedals with 4" long smaller sized blocks, not women's pedals and are economical replacement pedals meaning they are not serviceable and designed to compete with the Wald econo pedals. The #9 is the women's version of the #8 pedal but with the 3-3/4" blocks.

No 11's

I came accross some torrington #11's today, they are on a '37 schwinn hollywood, they look like shorter #8's

I came accross some torrington #11's today, they are on a '37 schwinn hollywood, they look like shorter #8's

They are actually women's version of the Torrington #10 with the 1" square blocks. #6s #8s and #9s use the smaller 3/4 square blocks.

Back