When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stonework Saturday

-
Backyard

DSCN5655.JPG

DSCN5656.JPG

DSCN5657.JPG

DSCN5658.JPG

I found a nice drystacked stone wall on my ride through downtown and the 'hood.
The mostly Flightliner went with me.
I got home just in time to find out I had a
slow leak that turned into a flat. First one in a while.

20210130_122720.jpg

Good morning and Happy Stonework Saturday to all. I hope that everyone had a great week. Not much riding here snow, snow, then a little more snow lol. I did manage to get out for a few rides though. Thank you for posting your AWESOME Stonework pictures here. I look forward to seeing them every week. One from a ride this week and one from earlier. Be safe and have fun everyone.
Hammerhead

A retaining wall at a residential home in Franklin NH no one that I know.

Granite block wall of the power station dam in Penacook NH

Good morning and Happy Stonework Saturday to all. I hope that everyone had a great week. Not much riding here snow, snow, then a little more snow lol. I did manage to get out for a few rides though. Thank you for posting your AWESOME Stonework pictures here. I look forward to seeing them every week. One from a ride this week and one from earlier. Be safe and have fun everyone.
Hammerhead
View attachment 1352609
A retaining wall at a residential home in Franklin NH no one that I know.
View attachment 1352610
Granite block wall of the power station dam in Penacook NH
Love seeing old drill marks in stone, they tell story.

This one is a throwback. Several years ago I was privileged to be involved in the restoration of part of Opus 40, sculpture garden made from an old Bluestone quarry near Saugerties, N.Y. It was constructed by Harvey Fite, who was a sculpture professor at Bard College & was damaged by hurricane Irene. Bard College counts some famous people among their alumni & is immortalized in the iconic Steely Dan song, My Old School. Chevy Chase, Larry Hagman & Blyth Danner went there. It was Chevy started the funding for the project. Harvey Fite envisioned it taking 40 years to complete as a backdrop for his sculptures. As he worked on it for 36 years, until his accidental death, it became the sculpture itself. I learned a lot on this project, working under the best dry stone waller in the world, Sean Adcock. Seeing an old New York Bluestone quarry up close & personal, what it took to get good stone out of it & the huge amount of waste stone left over. We were hitting the trash piles for our wall stone. Good time had by all.

DSC00986.JPG

This one is a throwback. Several years ago I was privileged to be involved in the restoration of part of Opus 40

Great pic,killer bike and awesome place. It must have been incredible getting to do anything there. You need 2 days to fully appreciate that place, he actually brought in other sculptures to complete it. He knew he could not fill that whole space with just his work.

I took the new-to-me JC Higgins tank bike for a maiden voyage/ride. She's quiet and fast, so we were able to sneak up on some stonework. I just found out she's a 51 Westfield /Columbia.
It's another great day in the PNW, and a great day for a ride. I have a few more parts to find, and I'll get the rear rack installed too.

20210206_094155.jpg

20210206_100638.jpg

20210206_101442.jpg

20210206_101729.jpg

20210206_102015.jpg

I took the new-to-me JC Higgins tank bike for a maiden voyage/ride. She's quiet and fast, so we were able to sneak up on some stonework. I just found out she's a 51 Westfield /Columbia.
It's another great day in the PNW, and a great day for a ride. I have a few more parts to find, and I'll get the rear rack installed too.

View attachment 1352798

View attachment 1352799

View attachment 1352800

View attachment 1352801

View attachment 1352802

The Higgins looks much better with the brick color tires and without the rear rack.....nice, really really nice!!

Back