When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Veltex Special

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just under 50 mph is zipping! How much does it weigh with a full tank? Dual front disc brake might be needed! :joycat:

It's pretty heavy, haven't run it with a full tank. I agree disc brakes would be the best, but trying to maintain a vintage look I'd like to use a drum style on the front.

A dual leading shoe drum would be effective and cool but not exactly period correct. Some small displacement European motorcycles used them. I had a dual shoe drum from an Ossa motorcycle. Spoke gauge is larger but your rim could be drilled. Axle would need some machine work to fit.

Last edited:
@10~18kustoms I dig it but a drum isn't going to do much but gradually slow it; I would re line some Good grippy material for pads if you're going that way. I have been 50 mph on a 2005 NE5 Whizzer & all the drums are there for is slow cruising or false sense of safety. I understand keeping the vintage look for a board tracker but if you intend to ride it regularly a disc brake could be a life saver. Yours or a new owner's

That almost looks like my Puch Atom drum hub; it's set up to run a motor sprocket hence the squared holes in the back on the ebay listing. It's Not for the front. Mine is set up for freewheel to be pedaled bicycle or to "clutch start" a moped. I just had my dad take the freewheel off with a vice for cleaning but I can show you if need be. I think these are called Leleu hubs made in Italy

20210121_135043.jpg

20210121_134957.jpg

Back