When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Weinmann rear brake adapter

-

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello i curious if anyone has a rear brake adapter for sale

Screenshot_20210228-223019_eBay.jpg

I was thinking the same, If you could manufacture they would sell. A lot of people have non brake bridge schwinns that would love to convert to hand brakes.

The fellows on rat rod bikes were kind enough to sell me one

Killer, very nice I knew was a matter of time before one showed up. Very interested in seeing what you come up with. Being able to add hand brake to any Schwinn cantilever is huge for Klunker builds. Opens up a lot of options.

Apparently a couple had surfaced - yet he waited for reasonable price before passing it on to me. Didn't happen overnight.

Using the adapter to anchor outside calipers thus becoming the points for wheel truing.

I had caliper mounted at tube junction that kickstand attaches- but wasn't easy to note where spokes needed adjustment. Have tried a doubledrop rim. On first use Altho it doesn't seat on prewar tube, it will run alongside rim edges once pivoted.

Back