When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Ladies Trojan Super Refresh

-

PLERR

Finally riding a big boys bike
Building a bike for my girl and recording the progress here on The CABE. It really just needs some TLC, but I will be rebuilding the coaster brake so that's kind of a big deal for me as it's my first go at that.

Bought here on The CABE from your friend and mine, @kirk thomas. Here's the shot from the ad.

The "unboxing." It was very well packed, no issues at all.

After full disassembly and acquisition of a few new parts. OMG headlights are so expensive... :(

Bare frame in waiting. Not too bad, just a little grimy.

This might take three weeks, maybe three months. I'm hoping it goes quickly. We'll see...

E=-)

Last edited:
I have about 1 1/2 hours into the disassembly and about 2 1/2 hours into the fame cleaning and polishing. A few chips, a few rubs, some paint loss on the kick stand bracket, but all-in-all looking very good. This is an AMF era CWC bike.

(Definitely looking forward to when I swap the fluorescent fixtures in my garage for LED.)

E=-)

Kinda like the big sister to this. Also from Kirk. '54, 24". Wish I had the missing tank!
Johnny
Very, very nice! I love painted rims. At the moment her daughter is lined up for a violet '71 24" Schwinn Hollywood, but that would be better! =-D

I found one of these but it was too rough for my girlfriend's taste so I 'purttied' it up! V/r Shawn
That is some serious eye candy! Definitely an inspiration, though I'm just going for a refresh and not a full restore. You can see in my parts pics that I picked up the same streamers and blue glass reflector.

This just showed up on CL a few days ago. I contacted the seller and it's a '53 like ours, but the script on the tank and guard is different. Odd...

It's on FB Marketplace too. On closer inspection I think it's been repainted.

Someone else was parting one out in Erie, PA but he pulled the ads. I'm hoping he changed his mind and is putting it back together. It was a clean bike.

E=-)

Last edited:
That is some serious eye candy! Definitely an inspiration, though I'm just going for a refresh and not a full restore. You can see in my parts pics that I picked up the same streamers and blue glass reflector.

This just showed up on CL a few days ago. I contacted the seller and it's a '53 like ours, but the script on the tank and guard is different. Odd...

It's on FB Marketplace too. On closer inspection I think it's been repainted.

View attachment 1371785

View attachment 1371786

Someone else was parting one out in Erie, PA but he pulled the ads. I'm hoping he changed his mind and is putting it back together. It was a clean bike.

E=-)
Yep this one is a repaint. I've actually seen a few of these--must have been popular. I wouldn't have restored the bike but I got "the look"--you know what I mean the look that says "you don't really expect me to ride that piece of crap"! Yours is a much nicer bike and should be left original. V/r Shawn

Back