When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official: A real Harley Davidson or a fake? That is the question...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Since there seems to be a rash of put-together and fake Harley Davidson bicycles lately, let's post up questionable HD's you've seen in the past, currently for sale or supposed "Barn-Finds". Some are quite believable with correct looking HD chainrings and amazing created patina meant to fool a collector out of his money. I don't usually encourage this here...but feel free to pick them apart.

This popped up and a potential buyer is asking for help verifying its authenticity. I say no, but then again I don't know much about these.

Last edited:
This popped up and a potential buyer is asking for help verifying its authenticity. I say no, but then again I don't know much about these.
I love how a few different folks on Facebook are telling the guy it is a bonafide Harley and that he should buy it. Instant experts popping up everywhere! Didn't the last one that appeared here last month have a fake chain ring with a bevelled edge facing inward?

Last edited:
I love how a few folks on Facebook are telling the guy it is a bonafide Harley and that he should buy it. Instant experts popping up everywhere! Didn't the last one that appeared here last month have a fake chain ring with a bevelled edge facing inward?
Ha! Yup. I tried to find that post here on the Cabe earlier but couldn't find it. I let the potential buyer know about The Cabe and recommended he come here for info.

Ha! Yup. I tried to find that post here on the Cabe earlier but couldn't find it. I let the potential buyer know about The Cabe and recommended he come here for info.
I think it has one of those titles: "Need Help... or What is This." It makes it nearly impossible to reference without spending hours searching. Especially with the current search function problems that key on every word.

Back