When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Silverking and Hawthorne badged Monark silverking serial number project

-a
~
%
OAuth Error:2001

z
Glad you took this on Aaron. Hopefully sometime this year we get to see a list and start making sense of these. V/r Shawn

Glad you took this on Aaron. Hopefully sometime this year we get to see a list and start making sense of these. V/r Shawn

Thanks Shawn! I’m almost at 200 serial numbers!! I’m thinking things will start making sense when I hit over 1k serial numbers.

I posed these questions a while back, still have many other questions and always thought the serial numbers I’ve seen associated with Monarks are not really in line with the duralium Silver Kings. Good luck, I will throw in some info soon.
Jul 23, 2017
Anyone have 1934 - 1935 MONARK SILVER KING DURALIUMS WITH PICS AND SERIAL NUMBERS? Looking for the sequence of evolution, the morphing, the transition of these original critters. Sort out when they lose the sweetheart chain ring for the other style skip tooth chain ring, when they lose the punched chain guard for the concave style, when straight aluminum truss rods replace steel, when straight aluminum truss rods become curved and when does the drop stand make way for the side mounted kick stand? Thanks to all in the know and those lucky enough to have captured any of these elusive early models...

I posed these questions a while back, still have many other questions and always thought the serial numbers I’ve seen associated with Monarks are not really in line with the duralium Silver Kings. Good luck, I will throw in some info soon.
Jul 23, 2017
Anyone have 1934 - 1935 MONARK SILVER KING DURALIUMS WITH PICS AND SERIAL NUMBERS? Looking for the sequence of evolution, the morphing, the transition of these original critters. Sort out when they lose the sweetheart chain ring for the other style skip tooth chain ring, when they lose the punched chain guard for the concave style, when straight aluminum truss rods replace steel, when straight aluminum truss rods become curved and when does the drop stand make way for the side mounted kick stand? Thanks to all in the know and those lucky enough to have captured any of these elusive early models...

That’s why I’m doing both!
You got numbers send them my way!
Just trying to help the hobby.
With the help from a lot of enthusiasts, I’m starting to see some light! My goal is to be around 2000 numbers, I think then it’ll make a lot of sense! Thanks to all who have contributed thus far.

That’s why I’m doing both!
You got numbers send them my way!
Just trying to help the hobby.
With the help from a lot of enthusiasts, I’m starting to see some light! My goal is to be around 2000 numbers, I think then it’ll make a lot of sense! Thanks to all who have contributed thus far.

There’s a fatty head tube without lock at 060376. I have earlier slender at 058644 same head badge. Thinking there’s a transition point in those 1732?

@JMack I already have that one off eBay.
With those badges there is a 5 digit to 6 digit serial number including the zero. And I’ve come across 1 men’s 4 digit with that badge. You can pm me pics of yours if you’d like to contribute more. Thx bud.

With those badges there is a 5 digit to 6 digit serial number including the zero. And I’ve come across 1 men’s 4 digit with that badge. You can pm me pics of yours if you’d like to contribute more. Thx
With those badges there is a 5 digit to 6 digit serial number including the zero. And I’ve come across 1 men’s 4 digit with that badge. You can pm me pics of yours if you’d like to contribute more. Thx bud.

Here’s an odd one on eBay I’ve inquired for serial number with slender head tube and lock. Is this a transitional frame?

View attachment 1381158
Here’s an odd one on eBay I’ve inquired for serial number with slender head tube and lock. Is this a transitional frame?

It’s got a butterfly kickstand mount on it, so 37/8.
I’ve got the same exact silverking and Hawthorne badged girls bikes , also silverking badged skinny locking head tube with the wingbar rear stays( not shown in any ads). They did some weird things, I have to assume to use up stock or customers special order. Again, if you would like to add your numbers to the list text or pm them to me.

Database entry from feeBay, such a long number beyond “Monark serial numbers” posted I’ve seen. If this were consecutive including other models Monark would have produced a million bikes by war’s end

Back