When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner tire question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Sears spaceliners came with 26 x 1.75 tires,I was wondering if 26x 2.125 tires would fit,or would there be clearance issues with the fenders?

A lot of those later middle weights got real tight, someone has tried I'm sure. I would give it try, what is the worse thing that can happen? You end up with a set of tires to build a bike around.

I think you will find that not all 2.125 tires are the same. Some have a real flat profile and are quite wide where others are more rounded and and may fit in the fenders without a problem. As coasterbrkejunkie1969 said, you may just have to try to find out.

I recently went with some fat S7s for a '65 Schwinn build I was doing and I regret it. The fat tires made adjusting the chain tension a pain, rubbed on the fenders, then on the reflector mounting hardware, what a pain. And if your wheel isn't perfectly true it'll rub on things every revolution. Stick with the stock size, fat tires aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Here's some 2.125's on mine ... you get a little rubbing on the front tire when the springer springs on bumps ...

Rollo? Aren’t you Rita Lawson’s boy? Lol. Got a kick out of your screen name and icon. Sanford and Son was one of the best shows of the 70’s. Redd Foxx would always tear into Rollo every chance he got, same thing with Julio and his goat and of course Aunt Esther.
Rollo:Why do you always treat me like a criminal when I come over here Mr.Sanford?
Fred:Because I want you to feel at home. Lol.

Fred speaking to Julio. “What are you doing with a goat anyway? Wouldn’t they sell you a dog,or is that just a Puerto Rican poodle?” Lol.

Thanks for the info on the tires. Nice spaceliner. I haven’t opened the tank on mine yet to get the lights working. Any advice on how to open it properly? I’m assuming the black strip on top slides off?

Last edited:
You can run 26x2.125" but as stated they may rub, require Very Trued wheels, Careful fender & brace massaging.
Here's my '64 Columbia MW wearing 26x2.125" when I got it & White Wall Columbia Superbs

Very close Everywhere but Stuffed & Tucked!

Well,I want to go with the factory size,but whats funny is that it seems none of the stores out here have 26x1.75 whitewall tires but 26x2.125 are literally everywhere. I’ve looked online and there seem to be only a couple brands in that size with a whitewall.

Back