When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...5/2/21

-
As a token of my appreciation , I recently made this cookie/candy tin for my neighbor “Joe Floyd” who is a retired businessman and full time philanthropist now. After retiring, Joe acquired and restored every single car Henry Ford manufactured in 1936 and then recently donated them to the Early Ford V8 Foundation located in Auburn Indiana. He even went as far as building the museum a replica 1936 World’s Fair Ford Rotunda type building and mimicked a period correct 1936 dealership display inside for all 19 of his cars.
The lettering on the tin says…PERFORMANCE - KNOW HOW SINCE 1936….the year Joe Floyd was born. I know its beginner at best, but painting it was hella fun and Joe Loves it.
Check out Joe’s 1936 dealership here….

The Floyd V8 Brand has thoroughly enriched my life via Nostalgic Drag Racing, whereas, his son and I usually race this yellow vintage car called “Flat Heads Revenge” couple times per year. Vintage Drag Racing is pre 1965…cool stuff. This chopped-up channeled model-A has a fuel injected system hand-built and pioneered by the Dualateers car club of St.Paul Minnesota. Flat Heads Revenge car has been actively racing since the 50”s. Now the Floyd V8 brand is proud care taker of this little gem.

I took the privilage of polishing Joe's Stainless Steel car one last time before it left his shop to Auburn. Shinny!

Also, I was lucky enough to accidentally have a cup of coffee with Lance Armstrong one day, whereas I ran into him getting my morning coffee not realizing he was hired as a celebrity for our annual Mayor’s Ride to support Veterans during the motorcycle rally.
The Mayor took a lot of grief for hiring Lance, but replied, “We are a City of 2nd Chances.”
Anyway, I wish they had a bicycle race for Doper’s Only…Dash for the Cash Run What'cha Brung!
My mom found my deceased brothers “Jacky Stewart” AFX track in the upstairs attic this week…Rad! Hoping nothing is missing.

Homepage-museum-3-web.jpg

IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

I got a couple of Ebay items this week. I'll post part of the seller description on the guitar, and Wikipedia version of the Gyron full size car, mine is a toy made in Japan. The toy works perfect, just needed some detailing. The roof lifts up and down red light lights up by auto battery motion in one setting with lever under the car, the other setting it steers and goes forward or reverse with flashing rear red/torch light. It is in Good company with a Firebird II ( friction) and Firebird III (battery op/bump and go) and a Lincoln Futura with cable/steering working lights.

The Guitar: DUESENBERG STARPLAYER TV 25TH ANNIVERSARY

In 1995 the world was introduced to the original Duesenberg Starplayer guitar.

Over the years this iconic model has developed into one of the most impactful new lines within the music industry.

Today the Starplayer TV spends countless hours in studios and stages around the world, with legends like Mike Campbell, Joe Walsh, Ron Wood, John Mayer, Bob Dylan, Johnny Depp, Chris Cornell, Dave Stewart and many others placing the Duesenberg Starplayer TV into the history books.

STARPLAYER TV 25TH ANNIVERSARY METALLIC SILVER EDITION

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ford Gyron was a futuristic two-wheeled gyrocar first shown to the world in 1961 at the Detroit Motor Show as a concept car designed by Syd Mead. One wheel was at the front and the other at the rear like a motorcycle and the car was stabilized by gyroscopes. The two occupants of the vehicle were seated side by side and, when the vehicle was stationary, two small legs appeared from the sides to support it. The vehicle was created for research and marketing purposes, with no intention to put it into production.

Alex Tremulis was the designer and the gyroscopic systems were based on Louis Brennan's theories. The Ford Motor Company of Detroit gave credit for the Gyron to Louis Brennan. Alex Tremulis had started his career with the US Air Force and worked in 1948 at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base on the concept of Military flying saucers. He then became the chief designer for the ill-fated Tucker automobile before joining Ford, and was also involved with the Tuscan gyroscopic motorcycles and the Gyronaught XU1 gyroscopic car.

The original fiberglass concept was destroyed in the 1962 Ford Rotunda fire. Only the studio model remains today, it was sold at an auction in December 2012 for $40,000.

case and dusy.jpg

dusy 1.jpg

IMG_3484.JPG

IMG_3501.JPG

IMG_3502.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

The

Last edited:
I got a couple of Ebay items this week. I'll post part of the seller description on the guitar, and Wikipedia version of the Gyron full size car, mine is a toy made in Japan. The toy works perfect, just needed some detailing. The roof lifts up and down red light lights up by auto battery motion in one setting with lever under the car, the other setting it steers and goes forward or reverse with flashing rear red/torch light. It is in Good company with a Firebird II ( friction) and Firebird III (battery op/bump and go) and a Lincoln Futura with cable/steering working lights.

The Guitar: DUESENBERG STARPLAYER TV 25TH ANNIVERSARY

In 1995 the world was introduced to the original Duesenberg Starplayer guitar.

Over the years this iconic model has developed into one of the most impactful new lines within the music industry.

Today the Starplayer TV spends countless hours in studios and stages around the world, with legends like Mike Campbell, Joe Walsh, Ron Wood, John Mayer, Bob Dylan, Johnny Depp, Chris Cornell, Dave Stewart and many others placing the Duesenberg Starplayer TV into the history books.

STARPLAYER TV 25TH ANNIVERSARY METALLIC SILVER EDITION

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ford Gyron was a futuristic two-wheeled gyrocar first shown to the world in 1961 at the Detroit Motor Show as a concept car designed by Syd Mead. One wheel was at the front and the other at the rear like a motorcycle and the car was stabilized by gyroscopes. The two occupants of the vehicle were seated side by side and, when the vehicle was stationary, two small legs appeared from the sides to support it. The vehicle was created for research and marketing purposes, with no intention to put it into production.

Alex Tremulis was the designer and the gyroscopic systems were based on Louis Brennan's theories. The Ford Motor Company of Detroit gave credit for the Gyron to Louis Brennan. Alex Tremulis had started his career with the US Air Force and worked in 1948 at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base on the concept of Military flying saucers. He then became the chief designer for the ill-fated Tucker automobile before joining Ford, and was also involved with the Tuscan gyroscopic motorcycles and the Gyronaught XU1 gyroscopic car.

The original fiberglass concept was destroyed in the 1962 Ford Rotunda fire. Only the studio model remains today, it was sold at an auction in December 2012 for $40,000.

View attachment 1403143

View attachment 1403144

View attachment 1403145

View attachment 1403146

View attachment 1403147

View attachment 1403148

View attachment 1403149

View attachment 1403150

View attachment 1403151

View attachment 1403152

View attachment 1403156

View attachment 1403157

View attachment 1403158
The

Pure sweetness right there!! Those cars are amazing!!

But that guitar is beautiful!!!:hearteyes::hearteyes:

Also, I needed this Elgin, like a hole in the head, but for $10, I couldn't pass it up. Picked up today.

View attachment 1403273
I dig the pedals. Look to be from an exercise bike. I had almost the identical Elgin back in the 80's. I painted it red with white on the raised c-guard lines, it looked pretty sweet, as does this one. Even the matching seat cover is funky! $10.00, what a steal. Probably rides nice or will with a little TLC. Way to go!!

Back