When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 Columbia Fire Bolt; Rat Rod

-
Hell ya! Taking the Rat bike to new levels! Nice! We never know how many will show up on our monthly rides! Either way, we ride! Come join us sometime!

That bike is awesome, like I said looks fast sitting still. I hope it rides as smooth as it looks. Love the light led conversion idea.I think you should make a Superman S on the light so people know its you coming. How far will the coaster ride be? Is that every week by you? how many peeps go on the ride? post pics so I can see the bike in action. No organized rides by me, a bunch of lone wolves here in upstate NY haha. Really nice job on the bike, will you have to prep the fenders differently for paint then non chrome metal?
Bike rides smooth but today I learned not to let ago of the bars on the asphalt as seen in the pics. 1 of my ideas was indeed the Superman S which I have tattooed on my right wrist in a baby blue; could also be for you Schwinn fanatics hint hint ;) will cut you a Good Deal on the 2nd 1 made for sale ;). The Hurricane Coaster ride isn't my doing but I am not sure who to credit that to. Jimbo53, Freqman1, & Don Christie all mentioned it to me & I always get invited by Don so I assume he's the Host. LOL. It's about 50 some miles from me & usually at least once a month or so before this Covid crap. I have been once & loved the hell outta the company, meeting the guys from here, and now with this creature creation I hope to ride more frequently with'em. I'll try to get someone to film me on the bike in action either on the ride or here at home. Yeah when I go to paint the fender designs & tips I will re sand, clean, polish, re clean with degreaser & paint before clear coating. I am by No Means a Professional so hopefully this will turn out Nice or Decent as I haven't ever attempted it on anything other than aluminum automotive wheels but trial & error is a learning experience. I have faith in my abilities ;) kinda sorta maybe hahaha

That is one rad ride! I'm going to be looking for pics of the upcoming group gathering in your neck of the woods too. A video would be awesome.
Are you gonna drill holes in the aluminum that you have in the headlight to allow light through? You seem to have lotsa good ideas to keep us all guessing.
Will do on the ride footage the best I can or if someone doesn't mind taking some for me. Right now this plate is just a filler so I can have the housing on the bike for this weekend's ride but I was already thinking about various ideas of making stuff personally for myself & or maybe others that have pretty simple round lights that don't function & who wouldn't be opposed to saving their lenses for l.e.ds or custom stuff. I can picture some 1 off ideas for myself; Superman S logo cut out & lighted like a Batman flood light, multiple holes with l.e.ds poking through, Schwinn font surrounded by lights and other various kinda simple designs. I am jus' tryin' to put my creative ideas out there & right now I have so many but little funds so I am using what I have & playing with doing them.

That is a sweet looking bike! It has a great style, cool handlebars and the fenders fit over the tires nicely. I bet it's a blast to ride. Nice job!

That is a sweet looking bike! It has a great style, cool handlebars and the fenders fit over the tires nicely. I bet it's a blast to ride. Nice job!
Thanks! Yeah it's a blast to ride & that's part of my goal; Not Only Does it make me happy building it & riding it but I kinda wanna build it so If anyone jus' rides it they will get the same kinda excitement out of it. My ex boss rode it & thought the stem was loose due to the cushioner bars but he said he was Amazed at how smooth it rode & felt. He's Not into bicycles without motors but he fully understood why I bought it. I may Never finish it & if that happens hopefully the next owner will do something different or special with it ....

I think that's the right way to go. The main thing is to build it to taste and ride and enjoy. The next owner can do some personalizing too and it just keeps it alive and fun. I do like customized/personalized rides. :cool:

Ok so pics 1st and I'll run my different ideas by y'all after for thoughts & opinions etc ...

So I have 2 spare lights that are pretty identical as posted on 1 of my threads that mom & pop bought for me (non working) sooo I mocked 1 up for a brake light down the middle bar in a few different spots; Now I like this idea BUT I also thought about doing 2 -( 1 on each side of the outer rack bars turned side ways.

I haven't mocked them up yet; I know it will make the rear of the bike wider but should look bad ass with the bullets '60s Style !

May or May Not use the bracket like typically used for the gooseneck/fork mounting. I am still planning more Aluminum Bling Bling; F86 Fender Emblem from when I originally purchased so brackets/mounts are the easier way to add a little more ....

Now thoughts & opinions?

Of course either way they're going to have a red lense & bright ass l.e.ds like my headlight

Ok so pics 1st and I'll run my different ideas by y'all after for thoughts & opinions etc ...
View attachment 1413379

View attachment 1413378

View attachment 1413380

So I have 2 spare lights that are pretty identical as posted on 1 of my threads that mom & pop bought for me (non working) sooo I mocked 1 up for a brake light down the middle bar in a few different spots; Now I like this idea BUT I also thought about doing 2 -( 1 on each side of the outer rack bars turned side ways.

I haven't mocked them up yet; I know it will make the rear of the bike wider but should look bad ass with the bullets '60s Style !

May or May Not use the bracket like typically used for the gooseneck/fork mounting. I am still planning more Aluminum Bling Bling; F86 Fender Emblem from when I originally purchased so brackets/mounts are the easier way to add a little more ....

Now thoughts & opinions?

Of course either way they're going to have a red lense & bright ass l.e.ds like my headlight
I like the light in the front, but IMHO the one in the back looks too big. Have a great day and enjoy yourself!

Back