When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First (prewar) bike..... Finally

-
That is a sweet looking ride! It looks great all dirty too! Nice work on the paint job. The whole package really came together. Did you notice a big difference when you switched to the 28" wheels?

That is a sweet looking ride! It looks great all dirty too! Nice work on the paint job. The whole package really came together. Did you notice a big difference when you switched to the 28" wheels?
Thanks again. I actually didn't notice a huge difference in the ride of the 28ers. Maybe if I switched out the front hub it would roll smoother. It's kinda just rigged to roll cause I think I needed a smaller axle to fit in the fork if I recall. But they sure look a million times better. I remember how excited I was with the paint when it was fresh and all the tape was pulled. My first ever 2 tone paint job and I was just thrilled. The poor thing just sits these days. I gotta fix the squeak but I have come to favor the 26" ballooners lately.

I'm looking forward to doing a two tone paint scheme on my C model when I get around to it; need to decide on and source parts first. The stencils are available which is cool but I haven't done a stencil layout before. I'm sure it will go fine but I get a little nervous about having things look straight and the same side to side. It's going to be a similar build to yours I think with a decent paint job, coaster brake and intended for all roads, and off roads. :)

Back