When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice looker and thanks for the ad to compare with the bike. I am curious though, what kind of tires will you be using?
I'd say Firestone tires!
fingers crossed(please say blackwalls, please say blackwalls, please say blackwalls.....)
Spent most of the day yesterday working on the 1948 Firestone Huffman. Blew it apart, replaced wrong bolts and nuts that it had acquired over the years. Replaced seat, grips, and had to do some minor straightening in a few areas. While apart, cleaned everything, no steel wool or waxing.
Even though the Brick Tires would not have come on the bike originally, I think they contrast the 2 tone green nicely.
Still working on Chainguard, mounting Torrington 8s, and have a correct Torpedo light on it's way! Kinda cool! the last time this bike was registered was 1981 in Shenandoah Iowa.

Last edited:
I painted up some 26 rims, threw on some old Walmart bike 2.125 white walls to form this mock up rat rod type bike.
20210520_183518.jpg

If you notice the front rim( painted with an old can of Krylon Cherry red) had a nice subtle being. The rear ( painted with Rustoluleum cherry red,because I can not find Krylon Cherry Red. Most major outlets don't sell Krylon spray paints anymore) that is too red
20210520_183244.jpg

The tank ,rack and chainguard received a coating of Lindseed oil. The frame will come later.
20210520_182832.jpg

Rust and red is the trend I'm looking for . The original paint on the the tank, rack and chainguard were red at one time
1-3-1024x582.jpg
death-trap-1-1200.jpg

We will see where this goes ..as they say "Don't strip your nuts"

Been working on my '38 Schwinn...

As found:

IMG_2107.jpg

Now... Torrington bars and T10's, AS razor stem, Liberty badge with great patina match... I've had the original long spring Mesinger chassis and pans bead blasted and powder coated locally and sent the pans on a trip out west to get a new hide... should have the saddle back on it soon

IMG_2376.jpg

I went to ride last weekend and noticed I had a broken spoke. Wheels I've been riding were from another bike as I put the originals aside and figured I'd service them at some point... Broken spoke forced me to dig in and I made great progress although a broken expander in the Morrow didn't get me any closer to riding...

Hit the rims with some foil and chrome polish and cleaned up the hubs... waiting on a part for the morrow and then we're in business. Hubs came out great with very little plating loss. Morrow dated F-4 1936

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2691.PNG

IMG_2692.PNG

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

Worked on the 41 CWC; broke down the front rim, getting ready to replaced the very rusted/pitted spokes. The first spoke I touched, broke, and I heard a kind of a "SPLANNNNNNNGGGG" in four part harmony, as four other spokes gave way.

Decided to tank the rim, and remove a really bad rust spot. First time this ever happened to me, but all of the paint on the rim, wrinkled up and fell off in the electrolysis tank. Definitely a lucky break, because stripping it's bad repaint, was the next step. It should be an easy prep and repaint, later this week.

IMG_20210521_130448725.jpg

Then I got to work on the old Herc, scrubbing, and scrubbing, and scrubbing. Replaced the very hard tires, and I'm getting closer to a road test, maybe next weekend.

IMG_20210521_204437878.jpg

Worked on the 41 CWC; broke down the front rim, getting ready to replaced the very rusted/pitted spokes. The first spoke I touched, broke, and I heard a kind of a "SPLANNNNNNNGGGG" in four part harmony, as four other spokes gave way.

Decided to tank the rim, and remove a really bad rust spot. First time this ever happened to me, but all of the paint on the rim, wrinkled up and fell off in the electrolysis tank. Definitely a lucky break, because stripping it's bad repaint, was the next step. It should be an easy prep and repaint, later this week.

View attachment 1416296

Then I got to work on the old Herc, scrubbing, and scrubbing, and scrubbing. Replaced the very hard tires, and I'm getting closer to a road test, maybe next weekend.

View attachment 1416306
Fun, ain't it?

Just got this 1939 Schwinn BA97 in. Nice rider quality bike in rare color combo. General cleaning-removing 80 years of grease and dirt which actually preserved the bike somewhat. Changed a few parts to make more practical(went with open bars instead of the boxed/braced it came with) and added correct 1/2" pitch chain and sprocket and a few other trinkets from the stash. Rides great-will detail more later and be on the hunt for part upgrades-got anything?

Last edited:
Back