When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix Green Band hub

-
Yes what is going on there?

Its for a three wheeler but different then B6's. I dont know them all but some three wheelers like mine the hub bolts in the normal position. Then there is a short chain to a diff and two axles so you have two wheel drive. Others the chain goes to a shaft that goes across to one wheel with a short chain going to a hub at one wheel. There is a 69 - 70 like this with a yellow band on ebay now.

Its for a three wheeler but different then B6's. I dont know them all but some three wheelers like mine the hub bolts in the normal position. Then there is a short chain to a diff and two axles so you have two wheel drive. Others the chain goes to a shaft that goes across to one wheel with a short chain going to a hub at one wheel. There is a 69 - 70 like this with a yellow band on ebay now.
Yes what is going on there?
Here's a picture of a single wheel drive setup on one of my trikes. The 2nd sprocket is welded onto the hub shell in place of the brake side flange like Rusty's version. In this particular setup, there are separate axles for each wheel.

Would the green band designate a hub for a 3 wheeler? Did someone reused the shell for a regular setup?
No, we have two separate discussions going on in this thread. The original post was about the single speed green band hub. B607 then posted another strange hub design for trikes. To my knowledge there has never been a green band trike hub. The hub that B607 posted is a red band and the hub on my trike is a blue band.

Back