When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Special frame value?

-
Schwinn did make special frames for Whizzer & other motor kits ( some stamped WZ ), both of mine are factory WZ frames with factory dimples ( look more like the dimples around the rear dropouts ), extra welding and the brake strap, not sure about the welded on motor mounts.

Schwinn did make special frames for Whizzer & other motor kits ( some stamped WZ ), both of mine are factory WZ frames with factory dimples ( look more like the dimples around the rear dropouts ), extra welding and the brake strap, not sure about the welded on motor mounts.
Okay....

I am buying this for $625.

zwz.jpg

zwz3.jpg

zwz4.jpg

zwzchaingard.jpg

zwzfork.jpg

Sorry. I thought they may have had similar values.

Skeezer
No...no, I’m sorry if it came off snarky. Not my intention at all.
Personally any trying to remember back 30+ years ago I do believe the CA Special frames were exactly that “WZ frame with welded in mounts“ but most of these replies are geared towards identifying what I have when I know what I have.

Your frame and springer are definitely later model.

Neither of these frames are factory WZ frame but standard Schwinn frames with aftermarket modifications ( belt dimples, brake & motor mounts ) so hard to put a value on as a lot of people did those mods, Cal specials were made around here in the 80-90's out of stock frames to supply the local whizzer craze ( whizz-in days ) as said the belt dimples on both of those frames are not factory, not sure why some of the whizzer guys haven't jumped in here?, Sorry I'm not trying to come off snarky either and sorry your thread got a little hijacked, green frame has some odd mods on the upper fender fender bridge and the frame is even more distorted on the other side of the home/shop done belt dimpling.

Last edited:
Neither of these frames are factory WZ frame but standard Schwinn frames with aftermarket modifications ( belt dimples, brake & motor mounts ) so hard to put a value on as a lot of people did those mods, Cal specials were made around here in the 80-90's out of stock frames to supply the local whizzer craze ( whizz-in days ) as said the belt dimples on both of those frames are not factory, not sure why some of the whizzer guys haven't jumped in here?, Sorry I'm not trying to come off snarky either and sorry your thread got a little hijacked, green frame has some odd mods on the upper fender fender bridge and the frame is even more distorted on the other side of the home/shop done belt dimpling.
I agree and that is probably why they were called “California specials”!

Still wondering a value though.....

Back