When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copake Auction Bicycle Auction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My suggestion is based on 2021 conditions for restorers, as the original factories, tools, workmen and materials are long gone and cannot be replicated. No one can make a living as a bike restorer, it is just a hobby of folks who like the old timers for what they offer. You can take any 100 point restoration and find one or more deviation from the original, so lets have some fun with a great hobby and recognize quality where it exists today.

My suggestion is based on 2021 conditions for restorers, as the original factories, tools, workmen and materials are long gone and cannot be replicated. No one can make a living as a bike restorer, it is just a hobby of folks who like the old timers for what they offer. You can take any 100 point restoration and find one or more deviation from the original, so lets have some fun with a great hobby and recognize quality where it exists today.
I am taking into account 2021. While I do agree there is no such thing as a perfect restoration this particular bike is not hard or difficult to restore correctly. The correct seat is pretty easy to find and getting one restored is easy too as there are at least a few guys with the skills and stamps to do it right. The correct paint pattern is easy to replicate, getting the braces cad plated is not a problem, and for God's sake a couple of head badge screws are not hard to find or expensive. As I said its not a bad looking bike but this is not a quality restoration by any standard as too many easy short cuts were taken and someone obviously didn't pay attention to the details as you say they did. Lastly there are a couple of guys here who do make at least a good part of their living doing exacting restorations--not cheap but quality never is. V/r Shawn

If I win the lottery, the bike collection criteria would become more exclusive. With another home or two - the variety of bikes could only increase. Mountain home = ebike. Home in flat lands = single + 3speeds. Cars, motorcycles, boats, watches, guns, jewelry, etc never had much appeal to me. Business trips for decades satisfied my need to 'see the world'.

Last edited:
There were some restorations done, back in the 1980/90's, that may have not been quite right, but that was due to a lack of info.
Easy to judge now because of more info.
If you don't like it, don't bid on it.
I never intended to bid on this bike Bob. My response was to the post referring to this bike as a "Really fabulous Roadmaster restoration on the auction list. Congradulations to a super restorer for the new paint, chrome, rubber, leather etc. Example of what can be achieved with hard work on the details of that era's bikes." Clearly nothing more than an amateur restoration. V/r Shawn

Back