When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

57 Schwinn Twins (Corvettes) - Patina or no ?

-
The seat looks looks slightly different to me from some other pictures I’ve seen. The circle/spring at the front under the seat seems to be somewhat oval or egg shaped giving it a lower profile. I like the looks of it better because the spring doesn’t stick out so much
BE735F15-F991-4398-B587-9673FDF69761.jpeg

Here’s a thread on the 1954 Jaguar which shared the same seat as the early Corvette.. There were several variations..

The seat looks looks slightly different to me from some other pictures I’ve seen. The circle/spring at the front under the seat seems to be somewhat oval or egg shaped giving it a lower profile. I like the looks of it better because the spring doesn’t stick out so muchView attachment 1429987

I believe that one is a Troxel. Mesinger made a similar piece. With that January 55 dated hub it seems I need to step up my stamping to finish time to three months. Too many days off work with holidays at the end of the year. 🙃

Back