When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike from the Dead's Freshly-Exhumed Finds (Everything I've dug up since 6/15/21)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I decided to change the tubes and tires on the AMFlite Falcon this past weekend, and that gave me a chance to see the underside of the bike and its overall condition. There is hardly ANY rust on the underside of either fender! I mean, I could stick them in Evaporust and it'd look like nothing ever happened here! This bike is arguably the nicest one I've ever bought!
View attachment 1433978
View attachment 1433979

Even the underside of the seat looks clean! This bike was really taken care of!
View attachment 1433980

While there is some rust on the underside of the frame, just like with the rest of the bike, it's very minimal, and it just helps to show the bike's age.
View attachment 1433981
View attachment 1433982
View attachment 1433983

Unfortunately, due to one of the original lock washers, I'm not sure what the serial number ultimately says. I don't know if that's a "K," an "H," or an "R" up front. That might be an "I" that comes after it, though. Does anyone here know how to I.D. AMF bikes?
View attachment 1433984

Here's what the bike looks like with fresh tires and tubes. I used whitewall tires because I already had them. I was saving them for another project, but since progress has been slow on that one, and this one actually rolls, I figured I'd just use those tires on this bike. I've got to say, they really add to the look of the Falcon! So much so, in fact, that I'm not sure I want to turn it into a 26 inch muscle bike now. This bike is really unique as it is, and the whitewalls just make it look nicer than I could have ever anticipated. All this bike really needs to be fully ridable is a coaster brake service, and a more comfortable seat. I'd still like to explore some non-destructive customizations, but this is already an attractive bike as-is.
View attachment 1433985
View attachment 1433986

What's really funny is that that family, who usually don't care as much about old bikes as I do, really like this bike. I'll show my parents whatever bikes I'm working on, and they're supportive of my hobby, but I know they're just not into it like I am. But then I brought this home, and put some whitewalls on it, and everyone in my family, even my brother, opted to take it for a spin around the cul-de-sac without hesitation! They've all been quite vocal about how much they like this one bike of mine, and I really like that. So, I might just focus on making this bike into a reliable rider for now, and worry about the modifications later.
Hey Deadman, are these the 26x2.125 or the 1.75 tires? I have a set of the 2.125's for mine and after 2 years of looking i finally found a hard to find rear rack for my Shark. And i have another surprise in store when all's said and done. Looking good Falcon here!! RideOn. Razin.

Hey Deadman, are these the 26x2.125 or the 1.75 tires? I have a set of the 2.125's for mine and after 2 years of looking i finally found a hard to find rear rack for my Shark. And i have another surprise in store when all's said and done. Looking good Falcon here!! RideOn. Razin.
26 x 1.75. I actually tried fitting a wheel with a 26 x 2.125 tire to the rear, but it wouldn't clear the frame. How did you get balloons to fit yours? Awesome! Looking forward to that surprise! Thanks Hellrazer! Keep on rollin'!

26 x 1.75. I actually tried fitting a wheel with a 26 x 2.125 tire to the rear, but it wouldn't clear the frame. How did you get balloons to fit yours? Awesome! Looking forward to that surprise! Thanks Hellrazer! Keep on rollin'!
Is your wheel straight and is tire seated properly on the rim? Iv'e also found that the diamond pattern tires are some what wider than the rib tread tires i'm using. Hope this helps. Razin.

I decided to change the tubes and tires on the AMFlite Falcon this past weekend, and that gave me a chance to see the underside of the bike and its overall condition. There is hardly ANY rust on the underside of either fender! I mean, I could stick them in Evaporust and it'd look like nothing ever happened here! This bike is arguably the nicest one I've ever bought!
View attachment 1433978
View attachment 1433979

View attachment 1433980

While there is some rust on the underside of the frame, just like with the rest of the bike, it's very minimal, and it just helps to show the bike's age.
View attachment 1433981
View attachment 1433982
View attachment 1433983

Unfortunately, due to one of the original lock washers, I'm not sure what the serial number ultimately says. I don't know if that's a "K," an "H," or an "R" up front. That might be an "I" that comes after it, though. Does anyone here know how to I.D. AMF bikes?
View attachment 1433984

Here's what the bike looks like with fresh tires and tubes. I used whitewall tires because I already had them. I was saving them for another project, but since progress has been slow on that one, and this one actually rolls, I figured I'd just use those tires on this bike. I've got to say, they really add to the look of the Falcon! So much so, in fact, that I'm not sure I want to turn it into a 26 inch muscle bike now. This bike is really unique as it is, and the whitewalls just make it look nicer than I could have ever anticipated. All this bike really needs to be fully ridable is a coaster brake service, and a more comfortable seat. I'd still like to explore some non-destructive customizations, but this is already an attractive bike as-is.
View attachment 1433985
View attachment 1433986

What's really funny is that that family, who usually don't care as much about old bikes as I do, really like this bike. I'll show my parents whatever bikes I'm working on, and they're supportive of my hobby, but I know they're just not into it like I am. But then I brought this home, and put some whitewalls on it, and everyone in my family, even my brother, opted to take it for a spin around the cul-de-sac without hesitation! They've all been quite vocal about how much they like this one bike of mine, and I really like that. So, I might just focus on making this bike into a reliable rider for now, and worry about the modifications later.
On picture #2, the front bottom mounting screw is backwards and the tire might be rubbing on the screw. It needs to be turned around the other way. Maybe this would solve your clearance problems. Good luck. Razin.

On picture #2, the front bottom mounting screw is backwards and the tire might be rubbing on the screw. It needs to be turned around the other way. Maybe this would solve your clearance problems. Good luck. Razin.
Front... bottom... mounting screw... you mean the one on the rear fender? I can already tell you, that's not the problem I had trying to squeeze a 26" x 2.125" tire back there. The tread was too wide to fit in between the chain stays where they start to narrow. If the axle slot on the frame opened a little further back, or if I deflated the tire first, I could squeeze that balloon tire in, but there was no way for me to even set the axle down inside the frame. I can double check that screw though, but I typically see it mounted that way on every bike I've ever had.

Front... bottom... mounting screw... you mean the one on the rear fender? I can already tell you, that's not the problem I had trying to squeeze a 26" x 2.125" tire back there. The tread was too wide to fit in between the chain stays where they start to narrow. If the axle slot on the frame opened a little further back, or if I deflated the tire first, I could squeeze that balloon tire in, but there was no way for me to even set the axle down inside the frame. I can double check that screw though, but I typically see it mounted that way on every bike I've ever had.
Yeah, iv'e seen these screws installed wrong on LOTS of bikes that way. I always have to turn them around to get the proper clearance. Just a thought i had. Razin.

View attachment 1433978
View attachment 1433979

View attachment 1433980

View attachment 1433981
View attachment 1433982
View attachment 1433983

View attachment 1433984

View attachment 1433985
View attachment 1433986

Cool! I was hoping you would change your mind about tricking out that beauty. And your right, the whitewalls turned that bike to eleven!

View attachment 1433978
View attachment 1433979

View attachment 1433980

View attachment 1433981
View attachment 1433982
View attachment 1433983

View attachment 1433984

View attachment 1433985
View attachment 1433986

It's got style.
that slow arch from head to rear dropout is a visual winner.
I'll buy one if I see one.
Kinda looking like the 36' Zep framewise

Last edited:
Back