When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 35
Is it just an optical illusion or do those kinda look octagonal / tapered towards the top? Like they're meant to be leaned over at steep angles 🤨
According to the blurb on the S&M website they are multi edged but still round. The heavy duty construction makes them suitable for stunt and skate park work but they are also great road tires which is what i use them for. This photo shows the contact area running them at 85psi.

Hey guys didn’t realize that this iver Johnson had wooden rims. I haven’t worked on metal outer rim with wooden a insert rims . What can I do with these , should I strip and repaint or strip and polish. What do you guys think? Thanks for the feedback .

This project took a few days. I got a pair of Axiom lowrider pannier racks for my 87 High Sierra aka "PMX ( Pack Mule X ) "
I wrapped the fronks up to protect the paint from the clamps.
20210630_205103.jpg

After many arrangements of placing the clamps, this was as close to having the racks level with the ground. I don't like the the tilted look.
20210629_152716.jpg

Next, I took a 1/8" x 1" x 3' aluminum bar stock and fabricated front support bracket / brush guard. Here, I placed it in, marked , drilled holes and cut to fit.
20210629_160805.jpg

Bolted in, checked everything. I then removed it
20210630_161245.jpg

Primed and
20210630_165216.jpg

Painted and reassemble it..

Some pictures with the panniers mounted

55 Litre capacity in the back and 22 litter up front.

Don't bust any knuckles!

20210630_161245.jpg

Back