When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

57 Schwinn Twins (Corvettes) - Patina or no ?

-
WOW impressive!
It’s ok I would have rather done it all original but gee whiz, re-chrome required giving up first born male & an arm and a leg

81B6B61F-454B-44AC-927F-FCAC999A74F2.jpeg

A5D9309D-8952-4241-829B-D1348BB6D780.jpeg

Here's the uber rare 1955 Corvette with it's one year only color, Red Belly Gold. 🤣

GTs Gold 55 001.JPG

@GTs58 have you seen pedals like the set on the OP's bike? They've got the 2 side screws like the early bows but i've not seen a set like these before. Seems unlikely that they are not original to the bike since everything else looks original.

@GTs58 have you seen pedals like the set on the OP's bike? They've got the 2 side screws like the early bows but i've not seen a set like these before. Seems unlikely that they are not original to the bike since everything else looks original.

I noticed those and didn't think they were Union bows. Union has a one piece shaft tube. Then I thought about @Oilit 's 1953 Flying Falcon's pedals but never got a word back on the maker. These look like Union and the OP's look like the Walds KevinBrick posted.

1624091196108.png

.View attachment 1428932
My Father bought us a pair of Corvettes in the summer of '57. (He got them at Silvani's Cycle Shop on E' Tremont Ave. in the Bronx.)
One red and the other blue. The red one is about as roached out as it could be.
The blue one still looks pretty much like the one in this picture. The seat has a cover on it from day one, original tires with good tread and might even hold air.

It's time to find a new home for the blue one. (and maybe someone would want the bones of the red one.)

My question is this - should I clean it up or not? It had a couple of summers of light use in the fifties and was ridden a few summer days in the 80's other than that it's been hanging out of harm's way. Should I leave it the way it is for the next owner or clean it up for sale. The paint is perfect and cleaned and detailed it would like that picture.
Here is the Corvette I found last year at an estate sale auction in central California.

F66CF2E6-97A2-44F5-BD97-C79D85D70EF4.jpeg

Back