When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960's Schwinn American De Luxe...got this today also

-
BTW, the guy I bought the bike from told me (and someone told him when he bought the house) that the owner of the bike was a runner-up in a Miss America Pageant many years ago. Doesn't add anything to the bike, just a bit of a side note on it! 🤪

Mercifully, the tank is in better condition than I had dared hope for (especially after the Starlet tank). Should clean up pretty well. 🙂

IMG_2276.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

@DRCA Thanks anyway, but I'll be keeping this one for when my oldest Granddaughter comes to visit. Or, I can talk my wife into riding it once in a while. 🙂

Besides, I'm on Long Island, and I don't ship bikes anymore. So, you being 3,000 miles away doesn't work anyway even if I was going to sell it. Sorry.

@DRCA Thanks anyway, but I'll be keeping this one for when my oldest Granddaughter comes to visit. Or, I can talk my wife into riding it once in a while. 🙂

Besides, I'm on Long Island, and I don't ship bikes anymore. So, you being 3,000 miles away doesn't work anyway even if I was going to sell it. Sorry.

That American is a really nice piece just needing a good cleaning, polishing and lube. I'm sure your Granddaughter will love it when it's all dressed up for the dance. 😉

Opened the head light today for the first time...and I'm not really surprised. Not to bad, though, as the battery leakage was minimal.

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

Just reassembled it for the final detailing. I'm happy with it...and the tires are still holding air!! 🙂

MANY paint chips that will show once I finish and get the bike outside for the final photos. 😕

I'm also going to add a rear rack I have that didn't come on this year DeLuxe, but it will look nice. I still also need to clean the saddle bag.

IMG_2394.jpg

Lucky...lucky...lucky!

If Delta was as smart as the Chinese these PITA lights would have an easy access to change or remove the batteries. Like come on, remove a teeny tiny screw that gets lost just to fart around with batteries? Right. 🙄

There are still battery "drippings/runnings" from the tank, though, that stained the paint. It'll show in the final photos when I'm finished.

And boy, what a PITA to clean white paint!! 😲

Back