When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Houston Bike Museum Re-Opened, holding monthly swap 2nd Saturday

-

irideiam

I live for the CABE
If you're in the area please support this, we have needed something like this for a long time....see you there!

Details

Houston Bicycle Museum (HBM) is re-starting our monthly Bike Stuff Swap Meet on the SECOND SATURDAY of every month – ALWAYS THE SAME DAY - SAME TIME - SAME PLACE. We have also created a FB group for it for you to post 'wants' or things you'll be bringing to the Swap Meet. A lot of our vendors have so much stuff scattered through so many boxes, they can't bring it all, so if you post here what you're looking for you can put them on notice to bring particular things.

Houston Bicycle Museum Bike Stuff Swap Meet group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769796350370972/

While you're liking/following things, go look at the HBM page in FB:
https://www.facebook.com/HoustonBicycleMuseum/

Last edited:
If you're in the area please support this, we have needed something like this for a long time....see you there!

Details

Houston Bicycle Museum (HBM) is re-starting our monthly Bike Stuff Swap Meet on the SECOND SATURDAY of every month – ALWAYS THE SAME DAY - SAME TIME - SAME PLACE. We have also created a FB group for it for you to post 'wants' or things you'll be bringing to the Swap Meet. A lot of our vendors have so much stuff scattered through so many boxes, they can't bring it all, so if you post here what you're looking for you can put them on notice to bring particular things.

Houston Bicycle Museum Bike Stuff Swap Meet group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769796350370972/

While you're liking/following things, go look at the HBM page in FB:
https://www.facebook.com/HoustonBicycleMuseum/
Finally something bicycle related in Houston!

Yes, and geared toward vintage, the old FrankenBikes are basically only the BMX cruiser crowd now
Yeah I never did frankenbikes mainly because I knew all the guys that were going and knew it would be all roadbikes and bmx and I am interested in neither. The community of vintage and antique bicycle owners in Houston is high, but the community of RIDERS is very small sadly. I will make a plan to be at the next one and bring some antique stuff.

Yeah I never did frankenbikes mainly because I knew all the guys that were going and knew it would be all roadbikes and bmx and I am interested in neither. The community of vintage and antique bicycle owners in Houston is high, but the community of RIDERS is very small sadly. I will make a plan to be at the next one and bring some antique stuff.
As my username indicates, I ride and bring back classics, although I do like the light weight upright city bikes & roadies because they came in taller versions I can ride. My riders are 1950s-1970s so I call them "classics" not true vintage like what you seem to like. I tried riding with the Rusty Rider group for a while ,but it turned in to a custom lowrider/stretched super wide tire type bike show, with very few vintage. Maybe if enough of us start going to the swap we can start our own ride group for vintage & classics....

As my username indicates, I ride and bring back classics, although I do like the light weight upright city bikes & roadies because they came in taller versions I can ride. My riders are 1950s-1970s so I call them "classics" not true vintage like what you seem to like. I tried riding with the Rusty Rider group for a while ,but it turned in to a custom lowrider/stretched super wide tire type bike show, with very few vintage. Maybe if enough of us start going to the swap we can start our own ride group for vintage & classics....
Hey small world, I was a member of the RustyRiders group for a good few years and ended up leaving for the same reason as it seemed I was the only one bringing anything even remotely "rusty" or old as well as the general vibe of the ride changed to something I wasn't comfortable with.
I have been wanting to start another group that is focused mainly on vintage/antique bicycles but there has been so little interest in that prospect that I just figured it would be me every time.

Back