When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWC 5 Bar "Speed King"

-

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I picked this up last weekend, and I think it's a CWC-built 5 bar or twin bar. The front fork is bent and it's been repainted, but these are outside my area so let's hear from some of the more experienced Cabers. My first question, is the fork original, or was it repainted to match the frame? If the fork's original, it's worth straightening, but otherwise I'll just look for another fork.

IMG_3853.JPG

IMG_3856.JPG

IMG_3857.JPG

IMG_3858.JPG

IMG_3861.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

Another CWC! And it's not badged Hawthorne! Cool! I believe the fork is correct. If that's a "C", then it should be a '38.

Please add it to this thread if you like.

Last edited:
Here is the one I had. V/r Shawn

What a fantastic find. What are your plans for the paint?
I haven't thought that far ahead yet. First job is to straighten the fork and get it in running order. From the way the paint flakes off the brazing, I doubt there's any original paint left, but I could be wrong. I guess I should strip some and see.
I wondered about the fork because there are no truss rods, but they could have been removed when basket was put on. Looks like I have some homework to do!

Back