When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoodwinked at auction

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Copake auction has been going a long time ,. They do not intentionally mislead or represent anything bogus . Mike and Seth will always do what is right . Good luck -another reason I like to see what I am bidding on ,also do not ever buy restored bikes

The Copake auction has been going a long time ,. They do not intentionally mislead or represent anything bogus . Mike and Seth will always do what is right . Good luck -another reason I like to see what I am bidding on ,also do not ever buy restored bikes
So maybe they should buy it back

I think if you read there rules , they are not responcible , they will do whatever they can ,. There were plenty of people at the auction, ,someone should have asked , about the fiberglass , and posted it here . Lots of stuff gets passed through auctions,

It says in section 2 of the auction menu , how it is handled , also if you look to the photo displayed of the head , it is clearly seen that it does not fit correct , it looks fiberglass in the photo

We weren't aware the tank wasn't correct and offered the buyer a full refund if he returned it or partial if he wanted to keep it, we weren't trying to "hoodwink" anybody, this came from a large collection of bicycles we got and had no idea the tank wasn't correct.

The auction house just uses the description they get from the consigner. They are actioners, not bicycle experts.

Really? They are not bicycle experts?

Quoting from their website : https://www.copakeauction.com/bicycles-splash/bicycles/
"We’ve come a long way since our first bicycle auction back in 1991. We have never forgotten that it is you THE COLLECTOR that drives the market. We have enjoyed bringing you some of the rarest and most desirable bicycles and related items over these many years. Michael Fallon’s passion for bicycles has propelled the Copake Auction to being one of the most popular and well respected antique bicycle auctions in the world.
In addition to the auction itself we also host the pre-sale SWAP MEET right on the property in our spacious country fields. The swap meet has a sort of “Fair” quality to it and is a priority pit stop for all bicycle enthusiasts. We see people return year after year from every corner of the world for a day of shared admiration, deal hunting and riding stories, and of course Shopping and Trading! These two days are more than just about selling, we try to make it a fun and informative event with food, special presentations and a 10 mile ride through beautiful Columbia County New York on our bicycles!"

If that doesn't add up to being "experts", I don't know what "expert" means!

BTW, who does the pre-auction "estimates" for them?

Here is a very interesting read about auction law : https://www.stimmel-law.com/en/articles/law-auctions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back