When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950's Vintage Schwinn Green Phantom Bicycle Original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tomsjack

I live for the CABE
1950's Vintage Schwinn Green Phantom Bicycle Original On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265236049515?

s-l500.jpg

1950's Vintage Schwinn Green Phantom Bicycle Original On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265236049515?

View attachment 1450599
That's already been up. It's got poorly repainted tank and chain guard on a 95 repop frame where everything else appears repop and or painted fender brackets too. . Looks like the Harley dude got had. Yet, Think maybe, if he opened the bid at a grand it might get some bidding action for, IDK, The repop green is harder to find; $1,400 er somtin? But, I don't think i've ever seen a repop green chain guard to match it, sell on the bay or, at least for a long time. .
IDK but, I probably shouldn't keep telling people how it's so easy to spot a fake. Because, in no time, the so called restoration "Artists" are gonna catch on and it'll get easier to pull em off. Other than most obvious things, it's the pin-stripping that's an easy tell. Especially Chain guards. Neglected by both, "Artists" and buyer/owners, Schwinns' angled tip on the guard is done with about 3/4" long thin, fine pointed brush. It's never squared or or rectangular. It's never a single line across and then down. It's a stroke across and the tip is another touch stroke, a single mark, by placing the brush on its side, pointing (I have never measured but by sight, estimate) about an 30 degree or 4 O'clock angle down. The most common mistake on a fake: There's no brush tip mark on this bike's guard.

To get the correct 95 tank and chain guard plus, whatever else may be wrong, all together again, could be pretty pricey.

//

Last edited:
Back