When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Almost done within this x53. Got a frame from MRG, did a little welding, some drop out repair and then a spray bomb paint job and some pinstripe. Rides great. This is my build for the Rat Rod Bikes Build Off.

B53F88BB-E513-4B9A-AFFF-0DC03CB083F0.jpeg

55F4A618-7FB5-43C6-8D68-6D83424F3C04.jpeg

A782F180-C364-43D2-A4D1-8FF928B08D0C.jpeg

🙂

I just set a appointment for my Haro posted above. A potential buyer in the near by area will try to make it out tonight. I'm really surprised this one lasted so long. Most of my last bike sales this month were gone more quickly after they were posted. Two of them did not even last more than a few hours.

I thought this one was going to be gone fast. For being a 25+ year old mountain bike, its in really nice condition.

If this one does sell tonight, I ordered fresh parts for a few road bikes I will tackle next. "New bar tape / pads / etc....."

I have really been clearing up my past bike hoard in this last month, and hit the market at the right time.

Last edited:
The Haro is now gone.

A mid 40's age father just stopped by, and picked it up for his 13 year old son so they can ride together. He said he had a older vintage trek MTB for himself. He liked the sloped down tube, and said his son will be able to grow into the frame size.

He also stopped at the same bike shop this one had a sales sticker from before contacting me. "SPOKES, In Wheaton Naperville"

The shop that originally sold this bike was in existence for as long as I can remember. In the mid 90's the owner used to run a club where he took people for rides once a week. I used to ride in those weekly events with the owner. At the time he rode a Klein Adroit, and sold me a Klein Pulse. His bike club had several single track trail's set up in the nearby parks near route 56 that they maintained.

I haven't stopped by there in over 20 years, but in the 90's it was a really cool shop. One of those places that had used parts bins lined up at the base of the floor. Customers could search though the junk parts, and find literally anything they needed for just a few bucks.

I got a good honest vibe from the father who purchased the bike, and want his kid to happy. So I told him if they had any problems in the next week, call me and he can bring it back and that I would fix it for free.

Last edited:
Working on my tandem wheels. I have never worked on an 82 year old bike with wheels this clean. I removed all the spokes to clean off the silver paint , with out the use of any tools!! Yes my fingers. A pleasure to work on something well preserved.
Any recommendations for a good tire for a Colson tandem . The original tires hold air,and very nice. I don’t want to risk damaging them

C764180F-567E-4F4F-8FFC-C97C8C0D1287.jpeg

D50C1128-24AC-4F2E-955B-453D2BEB6229.jpeg

F6E0F037-FE1D-4CA2-B2E3-CC193F263C32.jpeg

E2004DDC-4BCF-490A-AC19-7B732E8D4ACC.jpeg

Back