When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ladies vs Mens Grips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MOTOmike

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 1936/37 ladies Iver Johnson bike (serial No. 561148) that is missing it's grips. I have tried searching previous posts to see if there were differences (e.g. in length) between ladies and mens grips. Most mens grips seem to be around 5 1/4" long, but if I tried installing those on my ladies IJ, it seems like they would crack because of the radius bend in the bars.

Can anyone tell me if the ladies grips were manufactured shorter than the mens grips? I'm looking for one pair of coke bottle grips that will fit the bars on my IJ bike and I want to get the correct length. The bars on my IJ are 7/8" OD.

Thanks for any help/advice anyone has to offer.

Mike

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

Last edited:
Mike I don't really have any to show you for comparison, but I do know there's a difference between men's and women's grips. I'll look and see if I can find a pair for reference.
Sean

Yes, shorter grips are available, either ladies or youths.
For a blue girls bike, one might use black, white or blue grips.
Some intermediate ~4" grips might not look too bad if they are flexible enough.
Hope this helps.

Back