When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Schwinn Red Phantom - $1,100

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

PLERR

Finally riding a big boys bike
1956 Schwinn Red Phantom - $1,200 - S/N N53082 - NOW $1,100

>>> FREE DELIVERY TO MEMORY LANE!!! <<<

I've decided to part ways with my '56 Red Phantom.

To be clear I'm a novice regarding Schwinns of this era. Most of you know far more than I. If I overlook something it's not intentional.

I know that the grips and pedals are not original and that the guard is incorrectly installed. Also, there is an area of house paint on the top tube. I put pressure on it with my fingernail and it flaked right off. A couple small areas (runs) may require a little more elbow grease, but it seems like a pretty thin coating. Headlight and horn are untested. Overall it's a very straight and complete bike.

Right now it's local pick-up or delivery to Bicycle Heaven later this month. I may be going to Memory Lane in Sep, but not sure. Selling this to someone who will be there would get me to go. I may ship, but saving that as a last resort.

More detail pics to come, but I just wanted to get this listed today.

All questions and pic requests happily accommodated. Just let me know.

E=-)

Last edited:
Is 1957 the 1st yr for this style front springer? This candy red is a hard color to find in super nice condition to. GLWYS

A note about pick-up/delivery/shipping:

Pick-up is a no-brainer. Stop by anytime.

I'll be at Bicycle Heaven in Pittsburgh, PA later this month. I can meet there either day.

I'd be happy to meet anyone in a 90 minute radius from the intersection of interstates 79 & 80. Maybe a bit longer if I can turn the delivery into a day trip.

I may be at Memory Lane. If delivery to the show was a must for someone I'd make the drive.

I'm reluctant to ship, but will as a last resort. I have the boxes and packing material. I've been buying and selling on eBay for 20 years so I know how to pack an item well, I've just never packed a bike.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One more note on condition:

I just realized that when you pedal nothing is making contact in the rear hub, it just spins, so the rear hub will need to be rebuilt.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Price:

I'm feeling good about the price, but if the bike interests you let's talk. Never hurts to ask and worst I can do is say no.

E=-)

Back