When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts seller red flag warning

-
Full disclosure,
Plenty of pictures, especially the areas of concern.
Don’t buy it if you don’t want it.
As is, all sales final.
Do what you say you’re going to do.
Don’t be a whining fii€£, and everybody should be happy.
It’s not that hard.
It’s just too bad that people in general are weird.
Life would be so much easier if everybody lived by the Golden Rule.
But noooooooooooooooooooo!
There are alway those fii€£s on both sides that want to squeeze it a bit, to see if they can get something for nothing.
To those guys, I say F you and to the horse you rode in on.
Relax people!
Take a chill pill and enjoy the ride.
Our esteemed colleagues from over the pond, said it best.
“You can’t alway get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, that you get what you need.”

Wait a minute. I'm not from Canada. Phew! So, I can stay in the secret club of bike guys with the high sign?
Far out....did someone say 'high sign'?

this post is getting WAY off track
so just to be clear ...... I am not the culprit
if someone has something against me in particular ..... just PM me and we can deal with it like men, no need for innuendoes and bulls....

just to be clear, when the buyer wants the pics and the item description, I just sent it to them ..... and it's their choice to post pics of their acquisition if they choose to ..... FINAL
I personally hate having my pictures posted all over the internet, I don't mind having it on The Cabe, but seems like pics get stolen from here and then re-posted on third party sites like Worthpoint and Pinterest ...... then they post your pictures like they own them!

Maybe if The Cabe would protect our pics than I would not mind leaving them on here, but the site can be accessed without having to be a member

In the early days of the internet, like 20 years ago, I had posted a bike for sale on some site (can't remember where), couldn't modify the ad or remove the pics and description, well I am still getting requests to buy the bike after 20 years ..... this is extremely annoying and this is the reason I remove my pics and descriptions now

for the members that think that it's useful to see sold prices ...... it's only useful for a few months, then the market changes and the price sold is useless

Last edited:
I decided to take a chance on this seller.
Fast shipping and great service, but I did get the bait and switch. Appears to be ignoring my request for a refund or product replacement. I ordered a box of 10 ⁵/⁸" spokes. I was shown a picture of standard colored spokes and was sent blue anodized. Can't imagine when I'll ever have a use for these. Maybe the mods should address this sellers relationship with the site if he continues to do business in this manor.

I decided to take a chance on this seller.
Fast shipping and great service, but I did get the bait and switch. Appears to be ignoring my request for a refund or product replacement. I ordered a box of 10 ⁵/⁸" spokes. I was shown a picture of standard colored spokes and was sent blue anodized. Can't imagine when I'll ever have a use for these. Maybe the mods should address this sellers relationship with the site if he continues to do business in this manor.

View attachment 1463966

View attachment 1463968

View attachment 1463969
The rules clearly state the pic must be of the actual product shown. Maybe the seller cares to chime in?

Back