When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OTASCO. Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company. Competitors with Westen Auto in the day. Sold a variety of things - tires, batteries, refrigerators, garden tractors, BICYCLES, and other hard goods. No clothes like Sears or Pennys. A friend of mine back in the mid 60s bought a Foxcraft floor shift conversion for his “three on the tree” 56 Ford from OTASCO.

Last edited:
OTASCO. Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company. Competitors with Westen Auto in the day. Sold a variety of things - tires, batteries, refrigerators, garden tractors, BICYCLES, and other hard goods. No clothes like Sears or Pennys. A friend of mine back in the mid 60s bought a Foxcraft floor shift conversion for his “three on the tree” 56 Ford from OTASCO.View attachment 1472019
Cool! I just Googled Otasco earlier today. Apparently they went bankrupt about 5 years before I was even born. It's even cooler to me that it's an Oklahoma-based bike, as I actually live in Oklahoma! Pretty wild to know there were all these stores back in the day that made and sold practically everything. Kind of like Walmart and Target, but with much cooler stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Anyone know what kind of tank this 1962 OTASCO Flying-O bike would have had originally? I've seen plenty of the Flightliner-style tanks, but I know that parts varied depending on who the bike was sold through. I haven't had any luck finding pictures of a similar Otasco bike with the tank.

Last edited:
I am new to the Spaceliner forum. I must say there is some great information here. I have owned by Spaceliner since 1977. My Grandparents picked it up at a yard sale for me when I was 10 years old. Mine needs some work. It is missing its original seat. The seat that is on it currently belonged to my Dads bike. Since he is has passed away, I will never get rid of his seat. It means too much to me. Anyway, mine is missing both lights and accessories and has one aftermarket handle grip. I will be leaving mine as it is. This is the way it was when I last rode it in 1982. Here is my serial number for BrentP in case he needs them for documentation purposes. Thanks again for accepting me and I have attached a few pictures.

7BFD0B30-F78E-49B4-9C41-C9675C8820FB.jpeg

D1DF312E-9FAC-4CC8-845C-CDD991F0D758.jpeg

41515DEB-8230-4177-94F6-B694257EFDC1.jpeg

Bought this bike from a friend last night. I know it's built by Murray, but there are no indications as to what exact brand/model of bike I have. I tried finding pictures online of this frame style with these specific racks, a (missing) tank and chain guard, but I haven't had any luck pinpointing what I have. It doesn't help that I don't know the exact name for this style of frame, as it isn't a standard cantilever bike, nor is it the later Spaceliner-style frame. It's in overall good condition, but I did notice that the dropouts were bent while taking these photos. Any idea what exact kind of bike I brought home with me?
View attachment 1471821
View attachment 1471823
View attachment 1471824
View attachment 1471825
View attachment 1471826
View attachment 1471827
View attachment 1471828
View attachment 1471829
If i had to venture a guess i would have to say maybe a Skybolt or a Firebolt... Good luck Deadman... RideOn... Razin..

Here is a similar dash, but unfortunately I didn't get a close up of it. These are from a group ride a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure I'll see it again at next month's ride and will photograph it. Owner says its for sale for $300 if anyone is interested.
View attachment 562248
View attachment 562249
I am now the owner of this bike (got it from Cycleholics).... It is a Spaceliner with a Murray tank (marked Atkins).

Back