When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1951 Schwinn Hornet...Just Brought it Home...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I wasn't even looking for a bike like this, and it jumps out at me on Facebook yesterday morning. 🤪 100% original, right down to the Goodyear tires.

The gentleman selling it said it belonged to his Aunt, original owner, and that the bike had been sitting in garage for years. He was asking WAY to much money ($795) for it, and even listed the bike wrong. I helped him out with a Catalog page and told him that 1953 was probably the correct year, but also told him his price was a bit (???) high. He thanked me, and this morning the bike was now $395.

I decided to show him some of the girls Schwinn bikes I had, and the condition I keep them in. He liked that, and we had a nice communication on them. I said that if somewhere down the road the bike doesn't sell, please let me know what you'd let it go for. He told $300, I thanked him, but said I could only do $200 and good luck with the sale anyway.
He got back to me 5 minutes later and said he'd take the $200, knowing it was going to go to a good home. Also the fact that we had good communication about the bikes and that I collect them sealed the deal. Never hurts to ask!!! 🙂

Shots are as I just got it out of the SUV...

IMG_2799.jpeg

IMG_2800.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_2802.jpeg

IMG_2803.jpeg

IMG_2805.jpeg

IMG_2806.jpeg

IMG_2807.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2810.jpeg

Wow, you sure got your moneys worth with that one! And it's a 1951 model.
Thank you!!!! I just changed the Post Heading. No clue as to what my eyes were looking at on Angelfire that I saw the serial number being there for 1953. 🤪

Cool! The bike is one year older than I am. 😛

Last edited:
Thank you!!!! I just changed the Post Heading. No clue as to what my eyes were looking at on Angelfire that I saw the serial number being there for 1953. 🤪

Cool! The bike is one year older than I am. 😛

There were some H serials at the beginning of 1953 with 5 digits, not 6, and those are on the left rear drop out not under the crank. 😉

There were some H serials at the beginning of 1953 with 5 digits, not 6, and those are on the left rear drop out not under the crank. 😉

Also, the 1951 Catalog shows a skiptooth crank, which apparently was changed out as production was going on.

Back