When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Not Disclose What You Paid?

-
Anybody that wants to prove that it’s not about the money can simply post a link to the last item they sold that the price was based on what the buyer could afford and not on what the current perceived value was or how much the seller actually wanted for it.

I think most people have a generous streak in them or can be motivated to be generous. I’m sure we’ve all felt like “this is a cool buyer. I’m gonna throw in an extra goodie here for him”, “I’m gonna give him a discount on this thing because he seems like a nice guy” and blah blah blah, But there’s a difference between being generous (and if you’re not generous every transaction well then that should tell you something) and being altruistic in the sense that money don’t matter and it’s all about the fun.
Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack the thread but this is a great topic that too often stays buried.
I won’t interject any further.

The majority of the time if you ask the seller they will tell they got more than they did. If you ask the buyer he paid less than he really did. My greatest fear is if something happened to me, my wife would sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
The other thing is if the true prices were given you would see how badly one of the "good guys" screwed over a newbie.

The majority of the time if you ask the seller they will tell they got more than they did. If you ask the buyer he paid less than he really did. My greatest fear is if something happened to me, my wife would sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
The other thing is if the true prices were given you would see how badly one of the "good guys" screwed over a newbie.
Speak it friend

Personally I don’t think it’s anyone’s business what I paid for something. I’ve also never seen someone forced to buy something. With the www at your fingertips I’m having trouble figuring out why someone can’t do their homework and ask questions to keep from getting screwed? V/r Shawn

It really has no bearing on what it will sell for anyway.
That depends on what kind of mood I’m in on the day I decide to sell it.
Usually, I’m in a pretty good mood.
I’ll make you a good deal.😜
Sorry, but I have to call BS on this last statement. I've never seen you post anything for sale. The bike stuff only seems to flow into your collection. 😃

Back