When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Sting and Sidewinder!???

-
Can anyone read Japanese? Here is the original listing for one of the pics that was posted.

Dang these pics are super clear! Paint looks very similar to mine, nicer shape for sure. Decals over the white too… no clue what to think really. May not be factory but someone had a hand in this white sidewinders creation! What’s your opinion? Just a couple of customs done at different bike shops? Or just pure coincidence?

You have taken quite the flip-flop.........................LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I said it’s convincing to me that it COULD be factory paint. I never once told you, you are wrong with what you were saying. With what my bike looks like it doesn’t seem to match with what the catalogs tell us. Sure I want this to be a one off situation, who wouldn’t! But then the listing you found of a different white sidewinder had the same paint issues and decals as mine with a different bike shop sticker. So what does that tell us then?

I said it’s convincing to me that it COULD be factory paint. I never once told you, you are wrong with what you were saying. With what my bike looks like it doesn’t seem to match with what the catalogs tell us. Sure I want this to be a one off situation, who wouldn’t! But then the listing you found of a different white sidewinder had the same paint issues and decals as mine with a different bike shop sticker. So what does that tell us then?
Also! If you translate that listing in google translater…

A99BE21C-990D-4D3D-AD9C-995B6EF0D482.png

Will do sir, while the rest of us try to learn and disprove this bike being white or not. I’m going to ask if you step away from the conversation if you have nothing helpful to add. The listing YOU provided has given us better information on the subject that actually pushes the needle towards the idea that there WERE white sidewinders… from what we’ve seen all answers thus far are speculative with nothing being certain. So until I get a concrete answer with proof, I will continue to share information.

Ahh there in lies the rub. It goes back to a thread about the "truth" and my statement that the "truth" is what an individual believes. I believe that some Schwinn executive is living on a beach somewhere with all the answers. He is probably drunk
We shall soon hopefully, fingers crossed, get an answer from a person who would (or should) know. He’s not sitting on a beach drunk either, at least I hope not! Lol

White Sidewinders do exist..........

View attachment 1485252
Is everyone here really drinking thier own cool aid? It is a well known fact that if you had the money you could have any schwinn done in any color way you wanted. Also even the dealer changes the regular Ashtabula blade forks for bmx styles on the cruisers late 70s. So there is no gospel in the absolute sense! It is the best kind of American company, like mopar, Ford or gm or yore if you have the cash you can have it you’re way.

Is everyone here really drinking thier own cool aid? It is a well known fact that if you had the money you could have any schwinn done in any color way you wanted. Also even the dealer changes the regular Ashtabula blade forks for bmx styles on the cruisers late 70s. So there is no gospel in the absolute sense! It is the best kind of American company, like mopar, Ford or gm or yore if you have the cash you can have it you’re way.

That is incorrect, not every Schwinn bike was available for special orders! Some of the higher end bikes were available for special order, but not all. Also, due to the popularity of the Schwinn Cruiser, Schwinn did offer those (Frames ONLY) in special colors, (White Included) and you can see that in the previous pic I posted earlier in this thread.

But you are correct that us dealers would upsell, and swap out the standard forks on Cruisers with tube forks, with the most popular being the Tange chrome tube fork. And that is fact, since I swapped out lots of them back in the day at the shop I worked at.

Back