When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Sting and Sidewinder!???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The fact you are seriously trying to compare aged paint from 61 to a frame supposedly painted in 80 proves your knowledge of paint is spot on.gimme a friggin break.thats 20 years of time difference dude.you guys can argue among yourselves about crappy old frames that may or may not be repainted.im gonna go compare some 61 chevy paint to a 1980 chevy paint job.lol.im not hating on any of you guys but im totally done with this thread.have fun and glad you found a real white sidewinder

The fact you are seriously trying to compare aged paint from 61 to a frame supposedly painted in 80 proves your knowledge of paint is spot on.gimme a friggin break.thats 20 years of time difference dude.you guys can argue among yourselves about crappy old frames that may or may not be repainted.im gonna go compare some 61 chevy paint to a 1980 chevy paint job.lol.im not hating on any of you guys but im totally done with this thread.have fun and glad you found a real white sidewinder
That is exactly why I disclosed what year it was and to take it as you’d like. I also stated that it was 20 years of difference, reading comprehension must be hard for you… I’ve spent my entire life studying paint, preserving original paint, restoring cars back to 1000 point showroom condition. This is my life. Sorry I offended you with the truth. I respected you till this thread. Sorry you feel that way. You and your buddy can go back to stroking each other in private while the rest of us have adult conversations….

You clearly compared the aging of the two.i didnt missunderstand anything.call names and get butthurt all you want.that was an absolutely stupid comparison.you can call experiance all you want.you just have no clue what your talking about

I’m not trying to stir up an argument, simply just trying to figure out why this bike is painted white with original decals, leads me to believe it’s original paint and the evidence I’ve found is quite convincing and that is could be factory paint.

View attachment 1482443
This is the most convincing evidence for the bike being white from the factory. Why repaint a bike white and search for the correct date stamped badge, in blue, no less. Congrats on the great find!

This is a 1982 model (first year of 3 that it was available) made in December of 1980, in Chicago. It wasn’t sold until March 1983, at the Victorville Schwinn Cyclery in Victorville California. It has the original owner’s manual with their stamp and the matching serial number. It has a 6 digit California Bicycle License Sticker on the Seat Tube. This is the 5 speed model. It has dust & grime from storage over the years, and minor wear from use, but appears to be all original, except possibly the Brooks saddle. It’s been stored for many years so the shifter cable isn’t moving in the rear housing. The tires are inflated and holding air fine with no dryrot. The front wheel spins straight. The rear has a very slight warp in one small section, possibly from being dropped onto something while the tire was flat, but that should bend back and true easily since it spins straight otherwise. I was able to ride it around the driveway. It’s noted on the owner’s manual as being sold as White by the original dealer. There are some spots of wear/chipping with finish loss, that have a brown layer of paint underneath, but it looks like primer rather than a repaint. The headbadge, nor fork dropouts are date stamped. The down tube and forks have unique decals. I wish i knew more of the story behind this ride, but it is an estate find so what you see is what you get. Also, the rear brake caliper was replaced with a Weinmann 1024 at some point from the og Dia Compe. Local cash pickup preferred but I do accept Paypal & Venmo, and am willing to coordinate door-to-door delivery locally or through uShip anywhere in the US or your own carrier. I can also partially disassemble/box/ship it for $50 + actual cost (message me with zip for quote). These don’t come up often, especially the first ones, and with provenance so don’t hesitate to reach out to me with interest or any questions.

714d9f48-1c56-45e5-b5e4-8befd7d1ba7d-jpeg.jpg

9e993c3f-b195-4306-8135-45898dfdbccd-jpeg.jpg

be0dde9f-c707-47c1-a956-0864bbc05cb4-jpeg.jpg

258c88e6-cb65-44e5-9ab9-172d5e9a429d-jpeg.jpg

0a08ad7d-bd41-4574-b929-9dbeb40577ac-jpeg.jpg

9b9c6dcf-7305-4945-b162-50c5c64fc565-jpeg.jpg

c65d4893-cc8b-420e-84a0-271bea3eb9de-jpeg.jpg

eb2a9efc-9cf2-4413-88ad-539e3f793cc9-jpeg.jpg

07ccd0d3-20d5-471c-b856-46f693ac7964-jpeg.jpg

a574155e-55ab-487f-92b3-61b6e69364db-jpeg.jpg

cbc82af8-cd9e-4c50-bf39-801a6af727a9-jpeg.jpg

4bd089c4-caf4-4fcd-94f0-1467e1c1c5ff-jpeg.jpg