When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on buyer not responding

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had a guy try to scam me on a Hot Wheel once. told me there was a crack in the windshield, and he would like $$$$$ back. so I looked at the giant photos I had, and there was no crack, so I did not respond at all.

I had a guy try to scam me on a Hot Wheel once. told me there was a crack in the windshield, and he would like $$$$$ back. so I looked at the giant photos I had, and there was no crack, so I did not respond at all.
Unfortunately Ebay will side with the buyer even when they are wrong. I had a sale one time where the buyer, in an Ebay message, tried to blackmail me in to refunding their money and keeping the item saying they would "leave negative feedback" if I didn't comply. Even after Ebay read the email they still said "well you could just go ahead and refund the money"! I was like WTF you gotta be kidding me. Only after about a 15 min discussion did they agree with me. The buyer did leave neg and they retracted it. My brother had a buyer try to say "not as described" and sent Ebay a pic of a similar item in worse condition and my brother had to go through the same thing pointing them to look at the auction pics. Way more trouble than it's worth for us casual sellers. Add to that the IRS is going to start issuing 1099s I just see no upside. V/r Shawn

Unfortunately Ebay will side with the buyer even when they are wrong.
I'm guessing my scammer did this to everyone, and most give a refund. it would seem he does not follow through with ebay. probably 9 times out of 10 people pay up. this was 15 years ago before scammers became more important than sellers.

Unfortunately Ebay will side with the buyer even when they are wrong. I had a sale one time where the buyer, in an Ebay message, tried to blackmail me in to refunding their money and keeping the item saying they would "leave negative feedback" if I didn't comply. Even after Ebay read the email they still said "well you could just go ahead and refund the money"! I was like WTF you gotta be kidding me. Only after about a 15 min discussion did they agree with me. The buyer did leave neg and they retracted it. My brother had a buyer try to say "not as described" and sent Ebay a pic of a similar item in worse condition and my brother had to go through the same thing pointing them to look at the auction pics. Way more trouble than it's worth for us casual sellers. Add to that the IRS is going to start issuing 1099s I just see no upside. V/r Shawn
it really is way more trouble than it is worth for low volumes.

So back to the bike. Is the guy going to return it to you? Have you contacted him? If this how eBay does it’s thing let’s all go buy killer prewar stuff and keep it and demand a refund. Free stuff! Nope just joking. Middle finger=eBay

After they get their money back, and keep the item, do you think the scammers resell the items, like is this their job. If they have 0 in it, other than time, what ever they get is 100% profit. I never did E-Bay don't the buyers get a feedback too. Glad I never sold there. But I had friends that sold for me.

After they get their money back, and keep the item, do you think the scammers resell the items, like is this their job. If they have 0 in it, other than time, what ever they get is 100% profit. I never did E-Bay don't the buyers get a feedback too. Glad I never sold there. But I had friends that sold for me.
don't be glad you never sold there, just be glad you are not selling now. before 2008 it was great, then they started making changes trying to be Amazon and failed miserably.

I believe that the seller might have to pay for the return shipping.

Once I received the wrong item and the seller sent me a prepaid shipping envelope from one of the private entities that collaborated with the USPS; I packed the item and dropped it off at the post office.

Not sure how that works with large bicycle boxes?

Back