When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Super Deluxe Serial Number Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eyefrommn

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello. Looking to sell my Ca. 1951 Monark Super Deluxe bicycle and needed help dating it. Older restoration. Newer tires and Person's leather saddle. Serial number on badged plate under the bottom bracket is AO17465. Original train headlight works. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

monark14.JPG

Might want to check that serial to see if you left a number out. I’d call this refurbished or custom but definitely not a restoration. V/r Shawn

Thanks for the info. Closer inspection of the serial number badge indicates an extra 1 at the end. Serial number AO174651

After digging deeper it seems you are correct with the 1953 assessment. The thing that threw me off was the small horn tank button. I thought the button was larger on Super Deluxes from this era. A good friend of mine and his dad "restored" it and I took it in on trade. The paint is really nice, but obviously not faithful to the original paint scheme. Chainguard is missing "Super Deluxe" transfers as well. I had a good friend that does electronic and tube amp repair re-do the horn and lighting and they both work. Overall the bike is pretty stunning in person and rides great. I am a restorer/refurbisher/conservator of classic racing bicycles but this one is a little out of my wheelhouse in terms of type, value and correctness. Any ideas of value? I'd like for it to go to an appreciative home first and foremost but want to feel confident about what isn't correct before listing for sale. Thanks again for any info, Mike

Sadly to say it's worth More parted out due to the liberties taken with the restore/paint changes to most here who love these Monarks. $500+ up to what someone is willing to pay to have a Nice Looking Refurb'd rider or conversation piece. I like it for what it is other than Not a fan of Red. Lol

Even tho not original looking , it looks very respectable . 🤓 Value is subjective...........different values in different parts of the country. Shipping is also a concern . I would be hesitant to ship a nice bike like that ( only because people don't handle with care anymore ) Disassembly can also be detrimental if one slips with a wrench . Try selling locally first . $600-$800 maybe?

Back