When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cycle Truck

-
View attachment 1498609View attachment 1498610Hi- I am a new member here at CABE. I have been cleaning out my parent's attic, and found several vintage bikes including this Schwinn Cycle Truck, serial number I50041. Looking through some posts here, I think I determined its a postwar bike, but that is about it. If anyone can tell me more about it, how original it is parts-wise and what it might be worth I would greatly appreciate it. I restore cars but know next to nothing about old bikes! Thanks!
I would be interested in buying the Truck if you want to sell it.

Thanks, David

Hi All- Thank you all for the great replies and interest in the Cycle Truck. There are three other bikes, the first two are a 60s Armstrong and a 60s Robin Hood. Pics attached. The last bike is another Schwinn, late 70s, I'll post a pic of that later today. If anyone is interested in buying any of these or the cycle truck, please message me. Thanks again to all!! David

20211021_184638.jpg

20211021_184553.jpg

View attachment 1498609View attachment 1498610Hi- I am a new member here at CABE. I have been cleaning out my parent's attic, and found several vintage bikes including this Schwinn Cycle Truck, serial number I50041. Looking through some posts here, I think I determined its a postwar bike, but that is about it. If anyone can tell me more about it, how original it is parts-wise and what it might be worth I would greatly appreciate it. I restore cars but know next to nothing about old bikes! Thanks!
Also the earliest Cycle Trucks did NOT have the drop stand mounted to the fork . Notice on this picture NO threaded bosses to mount the stand . They used a traditional frame stand until they figured out it wouldn’t stand up when loaded . So it’s definitely prewar. They started making these in 39 so it could even be as early as that .

Also the earliest Cycle Trucks did NOT have the drop stand mounted to the fork . Notice on this picture NO threaded bosses to mount the stand . They used a traditional frame stand until they figured out it wouldn’t stand up when loaded . So it’s definitely prewar. They started making these in 39 so it could even be as early as that .
Prewar cycletrucks did have a front drop stand that attached to and pivoted on the front axle...

Back