When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1939 Colson Imperial

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$2300
Zipcode

slick

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
1938 or 39 Colson Imperial/Deluxe. Call it what you want. When was the last time you saw factory aluminum fenders on a Colson? Not very many of them.... Also has an original chrome guard on it.
This bike is as is. I have pedals for it, no headlight. Asking $2300 FIRM PLUS SHIPPING. I also have a rechromed snap tank for it, a rechromed Tubes and slats rack and the long reach stem which needs to be chromed still. I can add those parts in for another $1k. So $3300 for the bike as you see it, the other tank, the other rack and the long reach stem plus shipping. I can supply photos of the parts for serious buyers. Possible free delivery to the Pike Swap meet in Long Beach,Ca. November 7th with prepay only.

20211004_152213.jpg

20211004_152224.jpg

20211004_152233.jpg

20211004_152240.jpg

I see 39 fender guards " which is correct for a 39 grill tank Imperial" a 39-41 snap tank, and 39-41 deluxe seat. A snap tank styled showed up in 39 on lesser models and deluxe, but not on Imperials. Stem shown is not typical of a Colson built bike, I always forget the actual name of that neck, but is has kind of a swan look and believe its a Colson brand one. That style Packard nameplate typically seen on 36/37 but I have seen it used on later models. Looks like the rims have the less pronounced edge/bead "I believe" that style was 39-41 typically. Imperial models "which there seems to be controversy" but did not have a head badge or factory holes on frame, just a WF plate. The fork looks 38 with the 37/38 truss/plate but with the peaked for crown that showed up in 38 but use this style on later models that were not fleet Colson badged bikes. The money on this bike is with the rack and guards, and depending on the stem that you have not shown also is. If the aluminum guards/rack/chain guard/seat are original to this bike, probably Colson made for Packard in 39 or 40 as their deluxe model. A pretty cool bike as it sits. I personally would keep it way if I were to own it. Thx for posting this machine.

Last edited:
Back