When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Sprite 27...Just Got It

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice bike! Looks like sprite 27 was introduced in ‘72 and was offered in 5speed and 10speed. Here is a pic from the 73 catalog.

View attachment 1517256

Seat tube on mine doesn't have the Black decal on it like in the above photo, (mine also has the earlier brake levers that are non-adjusting) but the earlier two bands of gold like the early to late 60's Raleigh's. Yet, it does have the same chain guard. Hmm...

Last edited:
@atilly You'll soon learn that @juvela is a human computer when it comes to all things involving cycling (and probably a lot more). 🙂

BTW...I just measured the frame and it's 25''. Ironically I took it for a quick spin and all is positioned perfectly for me.

Last edited:
Seat tube on mine doesn't have the Black decal on it like in the above photo, (mine also has the earlier brake levers that are non-adjusting) but the earlier two bands of gold like the early to late 60's Raleigh's. Yet, it does have the same chain guard. Hmm...
Maybe yours is an early one and they were running out old stock parts and decals from the 26” wheel sprites?

Nice Sprite! I have one like it in coffee in addition to three other Sprite 27s. I believe they were first offered in 1971 based upon advertising (google books shows some ads from 1971). Some of the early ones had the thimble fork (like the Sports) and 40/32 wheels - I have one with these features though I converted it to a S5 five speed internal hub.

Well, all done...with the exception of new tires. And to be honest, these are the wheels (and original tires on them) from the ladies 1975 Sprite I bought a little while ago. They were in much better shape than the ones on this bike so I just had to do it. This bike was in such nice condition it would have been a shame not to. Oh, and I also took the Pletscher rack from it to complete the package.

Enjoy the photos! 😎

IMG_3542.jpeg

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

IMG_3550.jpeg

IMG_3553.jpeg

IMG_3555.jpeg

IMG_3556.jpeg

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg