When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Must have bike tools

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shop apron is also nice. I have ruined a lot of shirts and pants with old bike grease. Hang it off the bike stand so it's always handy. Plus it has pockets to keep tools in.
Great idea! I'm gonna see about getting one meself.

Toothbrush grease applicator Store in zip lock. Handy for dab, brush stroke here and there.

Flat tires never come via appointment, nor do crashes.
Hence, keeping a US 1-dollar bill and some gorilla glue "black tape" in my tire repair kit for the purpose of sealing patching those nasty "gash type cuts" holes in a tire, say from rolling over shards of glass or sharp slicing torn aluminum can.

I then repair the tire with the strong paper dollar bill and or black tape by fastening it to/on the "inside" of the tire to prevent new inner tube from blowing out of the same hole again once wheel is assembled and inflated with air.
I keep 12-inch piece of tape stuck around my onboard air pump and unpeel it to use as needed.
A USA Team pro bicycle mechanic "Steve Donovan" taught me this tool trick and I've utilized it twice in my lifetime.
This tool trick keeps you rolling and back home in a pinch.

Old school steel tire levers are my favorite.

Crashing always Sucks!
61Y0O1skgDS._AC_SX522_.jpg

Flat tires never come via appointment, nor do crashes.
Hence, keeping a US 1-dollar bill and some gorilla glue "black tape" in my tire repair kit for the purpose of sealing patching those nasty "gash type cuts" holes in a tire, say from rolling over shards of glass or sharp slicing torn aluminum can.

I then repair the tire with the strong paper dollar bill and or black tape by fastening it to/on the "inside" of the tire to prevent new inner tube from blowing out of the same hole again once wheel is assembled and inflated with air.
I keep 12-inch piece of tape stuck around my onboard air pump and unpeel it to use as needed.
A USA Team pro bicycle mechanic "Steve Donovan" taught me this tool trick and I've utilized it twice in my lifetime.
This tool trick keeps you rolling and back home in a pinch.

Old school steel tire levers are my favorite.

Crashing always Sucks!
View attachment 1522000
Let's see some pictures of this repair!

I keep 12-inch piece of tape
Nice! I've done the same on mtb. Always carry a dollar bill. Repair tube hernias. Saves you out in the wilderness trail.

Let's see some pictures of this repair!
Sorry, I never took any photos during said spot repairs that came about so suddenly, frustratingly.
In other words, the paper bill or tape acts like a large "suture" providing a barrier or mending the elongated sliced-hole back to a modified state so that the bicycle can be quickly ridden again, as opposed to walking back to where you climbed on it in the 1st place.
Trick is...don't re-inflate the sutured tire to hard again. A medium spongy tire applies here, as mentioned, it is a desperate quick fix in a pinch and it has worked twice for me.
Apply your imagination, this repair looks just like it sounds....piece of tape stuck to inside of tire, not outside.

Tool On~

Good tip. Money is just a tool. Here is dollar patch. The sidewall tear was big and tube would herniate when pumped up. So had to fold bill several times into compact rectangle to reinforce sidewall. Inflated just enough to ride easy and not hike a bike for several miles. It works!

Back