When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Sting and Sidewinder!???

-
Haha did I do it wrong? Damn training wheels…was looking at the tip frame on the king sting sidewinder threas

Before you ask, I bought this off Ebay so all I know about it is what you see. It came as a single loose sheet, and I don't remember what's on the back. If you want to see the back I'll scan that too once I find it. I've still got the original somewhere, but I'll have to do some digging.

Sidewinder Spec. Sheet.JPG

Before you ask, I bought this off Ebay so all I know about it is what you see. It came as a single loose sheet, and I don't remember what's on the back. If you want to see the back I'll scan that too once I find it. I've still got the original somewhere, but I'll have to do some digging.

View attachment 1522076

And you have solved the mystery of the factory built "WHITE" Sidewinders with documented proof......................!!!!!!

Finally! Thank you @Oilit !!! We’ve all been looking for it or waiting for it to pop up! The missing piece to all these factory painted white Sidewinders! I’m so glad that we could all learn here about this topic! Now the world knows.

The next question is, why did they change the color?? Why didn’t the white make the catalog? Is this sheet part of a sales catalog sent to dealers?

View attachment 1522076
This is exactly what I was hoping to unearth with this thread! Thank you for finding some literature that provides us with some clarity on these sidewinders being white🤘🏼

Finally! Thank you @Oilit !!! We’ve all been looking for it or waiting for it to pop up! The missing piece to all these factory painted white Sidewinders! I’m so glad that we could all learn here about this topic! Now the world knows.

The next question is, why did they change the color?? Why didn’t the white make the catalog? Is this sheet part of a sales catalog sent to dealers?
I'm wondering that myself. Can we get some headbadge numbers from these white Sidewinders? I'm guessing maybe they were an early production version, but that's just a guess. Maybe the numbers will tell us something.

I'm wondering that myself. Can we get some headbadge numbers from these white Sidewinders? I'm guessing maybe they were an early production version, but that's just a guess. Maybe the numbers will tell us something.

The most recent White Bike posted has no head badge stamping with the date code!

Also, I would say early production because that spec sheet is dated 1981

I’ve been compiling all the ones we’ve seen so far, with badges numbers that are visible. I know we’ve discussed some, but I’ve slept since then.

Back