When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'59 Red Phantom....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Oh Wow.....I have been looking for a Red 59 for well over ten years. Unfortunately for both of us I want an original paint bike with the 59 seat. Good luck with the sale, it's a beautiful bike.

wow....i remember restoring that one for Richard Truett....AGES ago...

he was the origin of "the cabe" way back when...
YES, I REMEMBER RICHARD. I HELPED HIM GET THE PAPER CABE NEWSLETTER STARTED. I GAVE NAMES OF COLLECTORS HE COULD SEND COMPLIMENTARY COPIES OF CABE.. AND WHEN HE WENT DIGITAL I DISCOURAGED HIM FROM DOING DIGITAL. I WANTED TO KEEP PAPER COPY NEWS LETTTERS. MANY OF US OLD TIMERS WERE NOT INTO COMPUTERS. AND NOW LOOK WHAT WE HAVE? I NEVER DREAMED IT WOULD WOULD BE ACCEPTED BY COLLECTORS ON THE INTERNET! I WONDER WHERE RICHARD HAS GONE???

Oh Wow.....I have been looking for a Red 59 for well over ten years. Unfortunately for both of us I want an original paint bike with the 59 seat. Good luck with the sale, it's a beautiful bike.
What color Phantoms were the least produced? Did they offer all colors all years or Just black and red to start? My '51 say Black Phantom on the guard do they all say the color on the guard?

What color Phantoms were the least produced? Did they offer all colors all years or Just black and red to start? My '51 say Black Phantom on the guard do they all say the color on the guard?
Only the black phantom said the color on the guard, not sure why that was....but the others just say Phantom. I believe the green phantom is the least common but I could be wrong. Im sure someone will have stats or something.

No stats but my experience is red is the least common color-for boys bikes. Black may have been the only color offered initially. The Phantom was a late year offering starting about the second week of August 1949. Within a month or so all three colors were available-black, green, and red. 1955 is the only year they produced a girls Phantom and in addition to the three colors mentioned blue was added. Some folks erroneously think this was a Christmas color but in fact the color was available on girls Phantoms the whole year. There are threads on here debating the boys blue Phantom but I personally believe a few of these were factory produced. V/r Shawn

Back