When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird - Market Value of Bikes

-
I don’t blame you. The Aerocycle was original paint. As far as I know the Bowden hasn’t sold-and I seriously doubt it will bring that kind of money. I’ve seen far more correct Bowdens sell for about half that. Seriously makes me want to think about floating some original paint bikes and see what the market holds. V/r bike
2021 august bike was sold ,

The story didn’t end there. Later resold within the original Copake estimate. This was a restored bike. Of the five or six sales of restored Bluebirds I’ve been privy to the $10-12k range is where Ive seen these sell. If the bike currently available brings $25k I’ll seriously consider thinning my collection! V/r Shawn
NO it certainly did not

I think the blue-chip bikes should bring a lot more money than they do. Look at other collectible hobbies. The holy grail baseball card, or comic book, or even look at high end vintage road bike stuff for a better example. Balloon tire stuff is CHEAP!
True.
Problem with bikes is there are no grading services to monetize the item.
Cards...comics...toys all have census information and attract "investors".
I for one am glad that bicycles haven't gone mainstream.

Last edited:
Lets hope bikes stay somewhat of an unknown hobby.You can still find that gem at a garage sale. Once a hobby hits the big time all the corrupt creatures infest the hobby and it becomes difficult to stay ahead of the scammers.
We need to face the truth, this hobby will never go mainstream. It requires concentration,patience,hard work and sacrifice. Four traits that are seriously lacking in most people today, especially the younger crowd. The get your hands dirty attitude is nonexistent.

We need to face the truth, this hobby will never go mainstream. It requires concentration,patience,hard work and sacrifice. Four traits that are seriously lacking in most people today, especially the younger crowd. The get your hands dirty attitude is nonexistent.
Not singling you out here, but it seems like thread after thread these days bashes the younger folks. Not sure where you take your sample data from, but my wife and I have 4 kids, 26-31 years old. They all have and continue to work hard and take on whatever challenge life brings their way. Same is true for a vast majority of their friends. Would love to debate. but I'm in Germany with my daughter and son in law who are both active duty, stationed at Ramstein. Hoping at least 1 of them isn't too lazy to get me back to Frankfort for my flight home tomorrow. I need to catch up on my sleep. Gets loud around here with all the C17's full of dedicated young people flying over at all hours of the day and night.

Back