When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Shelby Donald Duck 20" Original Girls Bike - repaint it or not?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
All cleaned and polished now reassembly

Back together very pleased and it will stay original paint. Will apply my new tank decals, Shelby seat tube decal, and install the original seat once it’s back from being restored

I also need grips - what color should they be and who's got a pair?

I could use some assistance on getting the horn and lights to work - it’s all there but not sure about wiring from the tank to behind the head, batteries, etc, thanks

Last edited:
That bike is like a white Corvette.If you repaint it the value will be hurt because it could just be a made up one.
Please read the thread, thanks, it's not going to be repainted now, see above including the pics since I've torn it down, detailed it, and reassembled. Too nice to repaint it.

And to your point, diagree. Some of these, and any bikes really, are in such rough shape to start, repaint is the only option. For the DD, as long as you have 49 serial number tag and before paint pics, these are selling for serious money after they have been restored properly

The nostalgia and look of orginal paint is irreplaceable for me. Great bike, I have 20's and 24's in both boys and girls....orginal paint. I have a 26" boys repainted, and just found the last piece. I have a 26" girls...really rough. Finally have all six.

Screenshot_20211108-213232_Facebook.jpg

Back