When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Fifty Years of Schwinn Built Bicycles-book-orig/boxed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
Offered here is a Fifty Years of Schwinn Built Bicycles book-produced in 1945. These books were supplied originally to the Schwinn distributors/dealers. After ww2 many veterans got small business loans through the government. Many had just years before worked on their bikes or their buddies bikes before the war and it seemed like a natural skill. In the inner city many people could not afford an automobile-nor did many need one. The bicycle was the perfect means of transportation for health and sport. These books were supplied to all the Schwinn dealers up into the early 1950's. Schwinn wanted the dealer to have some basic bicycle history/knowledge and instill a sense of pride and to be a part of the Schwinn Bicycle Company's long and proud history. A brief history of bicycles and their development and milestones from the hobby horse 'bike' to Schwinn's commitment to bicycle racing are covered. Profusely illustrated with drawings and photographs of the factory and various accomplishments by the Schwinn Bicycle Company. I am sure many were sold by the retail stores also. Book is in near mint condition and in the original shipping box. There are no marks or greasy fingerprints in/on the book. Great display piece for the Schwinn aficionado. I accept paypal and will cover the shipping. Will be re-boxed for safe arrival.

Just waiting for your Deal or No Deal offer!

I have two, one still boxed. They were sold out of the factory in Chicago. They found a supply when they were selling for the bankruptcy. This is a very nice book in perfect condition and perfect 1945 color. I was born in this year and I feel that it will hold its value.
How true- stashes of these have been found years ago-almost required reading for the Schwinn nuts! Not the greatest reference book for the collector these days but an interesting read! Thanks for input/comment!

I was there when the books were found , we opened the door on the 4th floor office on des plaines st.and the stack was revealed, I have a rare book I got out of Ignaz Schwinns desk Before the desk was sold, I am thinking of putting it on deal or no deal , . There is writing from Ignaz in it . The schwinn library was given to me , it has taken over 30 years to sell the books , this is the only one ,I have kept , . It came from the 2nd drawer on the right side of the desk . Both people who could authenticate the book have passed away, so believe it or NOT,! Desk was sold to Bob Harton, for 750.00 ,Bob sold it that weekend to Jim Dickie for 7,500, the good Ole days !

Last edited:
Back