When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Henry’s, Schenectady NY. Haven’t removed fenders yet. Front is on backwards and rear is not secured to frame. Must have been a rushed add on.View attachment 1533085
View attachment 1533086

I highly doubt those fenders were a dealer add on when new. I've seen fenders installed on these Cruisers correctly with the correct fender stays and a dealer would not use those Walds "one stay fits everything" and to the rear axle. Hack job by a goober and the rear doesn't even look to be fastened to the tab on the kickstand tube.

If anybody knows me here, that's one of my pet peeves, I hate fenders on Spitfire/Cruisers, just don't look right, always look like added aftermarket even if they are Schwinn, guess cause never had the and kinda opposite of the whole OG beach cruiser thing, didn't come from the factory with them!😏, my rant of the day!

If anybody knows me here, that's one of my pet peeves, I hate fenders on Spitfire/Cruisers, just don't look right, always look like added aftermarket even if they are Schwinn, guess cause never had the and kinda opposite of the whole OG beach cruiser thing, didn't come from the factory with them!😏, my rant of the day!

I am the same way. I don't like the fenders on them either, especially cheap after market ones. I customized lots of bikes back in the day while working at the shop, but I never hung a set of fenders on one.

This was given to me today. Pretty cool

I noticed there’s to size “cruiser” handlebars, mainly the rise hight. Just looking for confirmation, the bars with the lower rise is for spitefirers? And the higher rise is for cruisers? And The 24” models would have the same as the matching 26” models?

Back