When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1919 Iver Johnson - Now Selling Parts

-
Price
Payment Terms
Cash, zelle, PayPal, venmo, cash app, almost anything!!
Zipcode

Buddyroe

Finally riding a big boys bike
It is with great agony and reservation that I have decided to sell my beloved 1919 Iver Johnson Boys Midget. I don't think I have to tell many people how rare a pre-1920 boys juvenile bicycle is. I really love this bicycle, but I don't have the expertise to restore it or re-assemble it. I would rather see it go to someone who could put it back together and properly display it.

I will only sell it as a package. This way, whoever gets it has everything they need to put it back together. I will give a description of everything I have and will also include pictures.

Frame - the frame is obviously in rough condition. However, despite being very rusty, it is still never solid with no cracks. There is still evidence of the original maroon and green paint. The serial number is 327104.

Seats - I have several seats that I purchased for this project. Please see the pictures for reference. The one that I am most proud of is what I believe to be NOS, and the correct original seat for this bicycle. You can still read Troxel imprinted on it. However, the seat was dried badly when I got it and beginning to crack. Would still be an amazing piece to display on the bicycle. The other seats are various other juvenile seats that I acquired through the years hoping they'd be the correct seat for this bike. Most are Troxels. Please see the pictures.

Hubs - I have a complete ND Model A 28H hub as well as an additional Model A 28H shell which is in fine original condition. I also have a very nice Iver Johnson 28H front hub. Additionally, I have a very nice Morrow Hub 28H shell (not sure of the model #).

Rims - I have one of the original 20" rims, but it is broken. Possibly it could be repaired if someone wanted to keep the bicycle as original as possible. I also have a matching set of rims that were painted silver. I have removed MOST of the paint, but a little more work is needed to completely remove the silver paint. These have no spokes or hubs. I also have another wheel which is complete with front hub and spokes. It is in great condition, but also shows remnants of being painted silver. The are all 28H. I also have an oddball 24H complete with front hub and spokes. Lastly, I have an incredible nice Iver Johnson 24" complete rim. It has the same colors as the bicycle had originally. It has an incomplete front hub. This wheel is in incredible good shape (spokes as well). I only bought it to display with my bicycle to show the original colors.

Tires - I have a set of NOS Giant Chain Tread 20" Tires. They are beautiful. Additionally, and one of my most prized finds, I have a used set of 20" Fisk tires. While used, they are in excellent shape. These are not just nearly hard to find, they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I won't even say how much I paid for them.

Pedals - I have an incredible nice set of original Juvenile rat trap pedals. The nickel on them is still nice and beautiful. Would make a great display without any work. Again, these are nearly impossible to find and I paid a small fortune for them.

Grips - I have a couple of sets that are correct for the bicycle and handlebars, but I don't know much about them. These are so hard to find that I bought any I could get my hands on.

Tool Pouches - I have 2 beautiful juvenile pouches. One black and one brown. Again, these are incredibly hard to find i this condition.

Chains - I have the original chain, but it is badly pitted. I also purchased a used Diamond chain that is exactly like the original chain with "61" stamped inside the diamond on each link. It is in good condition.

Stands - I have 3 stands in great condition. I wasn't really sure which type was correct, so I always bought any 20" stand I came across.

Spokes and Nipples - I have a nice collection of spokes and nipples which I was told are NOS when I bought them. I honestly have no idea. See the pictures.

I may be missing something. I will update if I remember anything else. It is all packed, protected, and boxed up for shipping as I was going to send it for restoration at one point. I was just never completely satisfied that I had all of the parts I needed to complete the restoration as I wanted it to be done (I was dead set on finding some original 20" IJ rims - which apparently don't exist any more).

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I am in Savannah, GA and would gladly meet someone halfway. This bike means a great deal to me and I'd love to meet the person who will be its new owner (and hopefully savior). Of course, shipping is an option.

I have over $4000 in everything I have (I paid nothing for the bike itself). I'm asking $2500. There are a lot of extra parts that could be sold after the project is complete to recoup some of the investment.

Here is a link to some pictures:

Pictures

Last edited:
Man I wish you and hopefully the new owner the best on this project. It is as close to one of a kind as most of us will ever get close to.
Someone will treasure this as you have and buy it for what it can be. Not a pile of valuable parts. Too much of that happening everywhere right now.
Good luck man, Rob

It is with great agony and reservation that I have decided to sell my beloved 1919 Iver Johnson Boys Midget. I don't think I have to tell many people how rare a pre-1920 boys juvenile bicycle is. I really love this bicycle, but I don't have the expertise to restore it or re-assemble it. I would rather see it go to someone who could put it back together and properly display it.

I will only sell it as a package. This way, whoever gets it has everything they need to put it back together. I will give a description of everything I have and will also include pictures.

Frame - the frame is obviously in rough condition. However, despite being very rusty, it is still never solid with no cracks. There is still evidence of the original maroon and green paint. The serial number is 327104.

Seats - I have several seats that I purchased for this project. Please see the pictures for reference. The one that I am most proud of is what I believe to be NOS, and the correct original seat for this bicycle. You can still read Troxel imprinted on it. However, the seat was dried badly when I got it and beginning to crack. Would still be an amazing piece to display on the bicycle. The other seats are various other juvenile seats that I acquired through the years hoping they'd be the correct seat for this bike. Most are Troxels. Please see the pictures.

Hubs - I have a complete ND Model A 28H hub as well as an additional Model A 28H shell which is in fine original condition. I also have a very nice Iver Johnson 28H front hub. Additionally, I have a very nice Morrow Hub 28H shell (not sure of the model #).

Rims - I have one of the original 20" rims, but it is broken. Possibly it could be repaired if someone wanted to keep the bicycle as original as possible. I also have a matching set of rims that were painted silver. I have removed MOST of the paint, but a little more work is needed to completely remove the silver paint. These have no spokes or hubs. I also have another wheel which is complete with front hub and spokes. It is in great condition, but also shows remnants of being painted silver. The are all 28H. I also have an oddball 24H complete with front hub and spokes. Lastly, I have an incredible nice Iver Johnson 24" complete rim. It has the same colors as the bicycle had originally. It has an incomplete front hub. This wheel is in incredible good shape (spokes as well). I only bought it to display with my bicycle to show the original colors.

Tires - I have a set of NOS Giant Chain Tread 20" Tires. They are beautiful. Additionally, and one of my most prized finds, I have a used set of 20" Fisk tires. While used, they are in excellent shape. These are not just nearly hard to find, they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I won't even say how much I paid for them.

Pedals - I have an incredible nice set of original Juvenile rat trap pedals. The nickel on them is still nice and beautiful. Would make a great display without any work. Again, these are nearly impossible to find and I paid a small fortune for them.

Grips - I have a couple of sets that are correct for the bicycle and handlebars, but I don't know much about them. These are so hard to find that I bought any I could get my hands on.

Tool Pouches - I have 2 beautiful juvenile pouches. One black and one brown. Again, these are incredibly hard to find i this condition.

Chains - I have the original chain, but it is badly pitted. I also purchased a used Diamond chain that is exactly like the original chain with "69" stamped inside the diamond on each link. It is in good condition.

Stands - I have 3 stands in great condition. I wasn't really sure which type was correct, so I always bought any 20" stand I came across.

Spokes and Nipples - I have a nice collection of spokes and nipples which I was told are NOS when I bought them. I honestly have no idea. See the pictures.

I may be missing something. I will update if I remember anything else. It is all packed, protected, and boxed up for shipping as I was going to send it for restoration at one point. I was just never completely satisfied that I had all of the parts I needed to complete the restoration as I wanted it to be done (I was dead set on finding some original 20" IJ rims - which apparently don't exist any more).

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I am in Savannah, GA and would gladly meet someone halfway. This bike means a great deal to me and I'd love to meet the person who will be its new owner (and hopefully savior). Of course, shipping is an option.

I have over $4000 in everything I have (I paid nothing for the bike itself). I'm asking $2500. There are a lot of extra parts that could be sold after the project is complete to recoup some of the investment.

Here is a link to some pictures:

Pictures
I go to the link and it wants me to sign in to Google Photos? Why not just post the pics here? V/r Shawn

24h 20 inch rim.jpg

24h 20 inch wheel showing hub 2.jpg

24h 20 inch wheel showing hub.jpg

28h 20 inch wheel.jpg

20180128_154509.jpg

20180128_154523.jpg

20180128_154536.jpg

20180128_154558.jpg

20180128_155028.jpg

20180128_155034.jpg

20180128_155038.jpg

20180128_155043.jpg

20180128_155402.jpg

20180128_155501.jpg

20180128_155552.jpg

20180128_160410.jpg

20180128_160422.jpg

20180128_160449.jpg

20180128_160507.jpg

20180128_160515.jpg

20180128_160522.jpg

20180128_161048.jpg

20180128_161235.jpg

chains.jpg

All, there's been a slight change. I said I didn't want to break this up, but I was contacted by the person who sold me the rat trap pedals and he wanted to buy them back. He offered a set of rubber diamond blocks that are just like what was on the bike when I got it, as a part of the deal. I was actually searching for a set of these originally. Also, seeing his project, I felt they were being used in a very worthy project (tho I did sit at the post office for 15 minutes trying to convince myself not to ship them 😓). So, basically, the rat trap pedals are no longer a part of the package, but the rubber diamond blocks are.

The good news is that this allows me to lower the price by $500. New price is $2k for everything.

Back