When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flared Fender Motobike Help Needed - Schwinn, Snyder ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Brant, how about post #3 in this thread about Colson Flyers. Also hard to find serial number.
1641691152179.png
1641691178824.png

Nice steel. I'm gonna lean towards a Snyder built "Vim" 1918-1920's. Nothing solid, just lots of crumbs leading to a guess. Vim was a jobber by the teens and being from NY, I'd think Snyder would make sense to order frames from as it would be less freight costs than say ordering from Schwinn.
1919_rollfast_Motobike.png

Vim.jpg

Vim.png

vim2.png

VIM PIC 2.jpg

VIM PIC 1.jpg

DP_Harris_Distributors_1918.png

Snyder_International_Stamping_Shipment.jpg

Good reference materials above from Chitown. Could be an early Snyder with this ring? I could not find this example in the sprocket compilation...anyone else have an original bike with this sprocket? Below a very informative thread regarding Consolidated Manufacturing up till 1916 when they concentrated on Munitions for the war...... Davis purchased the Yale/Snell badge rights and took over frame/fork making till their demise in 1925/6. Frame is interesting for sure with no markings. Reference by @dmk441
And the Consolodated frame with lug construction.
1641746373295.png

Last edited:
Back