When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Flamboyant Lime wall art.

-
Good morning guys,

This heavy patina ‘64 Lime is NFS, and represents a Schwinn model that’s not even a year old yet.

It’s the only Stingray I have in this kind of rough shape and offers up an example of how many of them ended up.

Eventually I would like to find a correct matching set of wheels for this bike, but that will be extremely difficult.
I would need a 36 spoke center stamp S2 and a center stamp S7 with some rust to match the bike.

Thanks for the compliments, Chris.

28E0BC60-85F0-4C6A-B20B-9FE9EB293D8E.jpeg

This bike went from someone’s barn to my shed about 20 years ago and I just pulled it out for some photos.

Rode hard and poor storage resulted in the condition of this Lime J39 Deluxe.
The lime bikes get creepy rust very easy and this ‘64 has plenty.

This April 15, 1964 would have looked killer with the leopard solo polo seat and reverse screen chain guard in nice condition.

Correct dated fork (4-4), early top bearing head set, non-crimp strut and it’s early wide bars.

Not uncommon is the reflector aluminum backside being pulled off the steel mounting stud.

Now I need to find a wall.

View attachment 1550912

View attachment 1550913

View attachment 1550914

View attachment 1550927

View attachment 1550928

View attachment 1550929

View attachment 1550930

View attachment 1550931

View attachment 1550932

View attachment 1550933
This bike is over 55 yrs old and has a lot of character with rust and crust, I prefer one that has a history use. I would recover the seat, clean and service the bike, add wheels, and enjoy. You ride a Stingray in your neighborhood, you are instantly a celebrity; everyone has a story about or with a Stingray. Not all bikes need to be shinny.

Good morning guys,

This heavy patina ‘64 Lime is NFS, and represents a Schwinn model that’s not even a year old yet.

It’s the only Stingray I have in this kind of rough shape and offers up an example of how many of them ended up.

Eventually I would like to find a correct matching set of wheels for this bike, but that will be extremely difficult.
I would need a 36 spoke center stamp S2 and a center stamp S7 with some rust to match the bike.

Thanks for the compliments, Chris.
This is my H3 original Lime
Lots of patina but polished including the chrome

Back