When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Whizzer Pacemaker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

locomotion

Cruisin' on my 1897 Comet
so yesterday I decided to dig out my Whizzer Pacemaker and all the parts that I had bought over the years for it
decided it's time to do something with it ..... but what ?

Whizzer Pacemaker (1).jpg

Whizzer Pacemaker (10).jpg

Whizzer Pacemaker (12).jpg

Whizzer Pacemaker (13).jpg

Whizzer Pacemaker (14).jpg

Whizzer Pacemaker (18).jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you have most of the stuff to take it back original but I kinda like the 'bobber' look. I guess it really depends how deep you want to get into it. Good luck either way. V/r Shawn

Looks like you have most of the stuff to take it back original but I kinda like the 'bobber' look. I guess it really depends how deep you want to get into it. Good luck either way. V/r Shawn
yes, I agree with you, I also like the bobber look
need to find someone local to help me start it and maybe do a little tune up on the engine so that it doesn't get damaged

anything missing as far as parts from your experience?

I've been told mine is a late 50 model and it looks like the same frame, minus the seat mount. Mine has an extra tube in the rear for a seat strut if I remember right. I think the serial number is just above the pedal crank hanger...4 digits...? Post that and I'm sure somebody can help you date the frame. If not, I'll try and decipher it. I just remember having trouble locating mine in the Schwinn serial database. That headtube is definitely an electro-forged Schwinn made frame though. Rear fender is the only thing Bobberish to me. Sheath mounting hardware is rigged, but works I'm sure. Pedals and choke control look added, tank is probably repro, but that's good if you plan on painting it. Seat has a pretty nice condition original cover that I'm envious of!

A little out of my wheelhouse so I'll defer to the experts but looks fairly complete to me. V/r Shawn

so yesterday I decided to dig out my Whizzer Pacemaker and all the parts that I had bought over the years for it
the bike and the parts have all been hiding in my shipping containers for the last 10 years, luckily I was able to find it all again
decided it's time to do something with it
don't even know the year of it or if it's all original?
what are you guys suggesting? keep as-is or restore it? where to start?
i know nothing about Schwinns and even less about engines
it was transformed over the years into a "bobber" style

View attachment 1554356

View attachment 1554357

View attachment 1554358

View attachment 1554359

View attachment 1554360

View attachment 1554361

View attachment 1554362

View attachment 1554363

View attachment 1554364

View attachment 1554365

View attachment 1554366

View attachment 1554367

View attachment 1554368

View attachment 1554369

View attachment 1554370
I am interested in buying it, if you want to sell it

I vote getting it running first then decide how far down the rabbits hole you wanna go. If it’s seized up or low compression then add more $$$ required. I like them fully equipped personally. Maybe add your extras in a mock up. Take some pics, sit back and examine your personal favorite version and go from there? Great project. Have fun with it! @toyman is very knowledgeable on all things motorized and could offer you insight?

its a 1948 first year for the pacemaker i had the same one but sold it,all pacemakers had 24 in wheels witch is ideal for me, good luck getting it going whizzer always said if your ride one you will buy one..

Back