When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Streamline girlie

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
yes! Thank you for this!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our answer
View attachment 1568717If at some point you electrify your dreamie streamie. I’d like to share a trick I learned whilst working at an antique light shop. We used ball and chain to get through difficult things to wire. Get the ball and chain through both hole ends. Strip back the wires and twist the exposed strands tight. Then wrap them very diligently around the ball and chain end. Carefully and gently pull through till your money. Good luck and love those fenders. What a curve!

Shouldn't there be a hole in the down tube by the crank also, where the battery box would have set?
found it! Wahoo.

Kreika, thank you for that tip! That is so handy to know!

Some updates as well about the project.

School has been kicking my butt as expected. Im heading to Sacramento next month because I curated my first exhibition at our country's largest ceramic arts gathering. Ill be showing my sculptures in 2 shows there as well.
Im presently writing proposals for two artists residencies this summer. One in Montana and one in LA.

As I've been doing this ive been staring at my bike longingly. I really miss working on her. Id love to have her done before my residencies so I can take her to them as the coolest transportation vehicle around. (Also ill see you all in OC for a bike ride when I land in LA)
But we will see if she's ready. It feels impossible to balance 12 hour days in the studio with time for myself to have fun.

Enough of the rambling.

I brought her in to school to strip the paint since we've got a 3 million dollar ventilation system. Yeeeehaw. She got lots of attention while in the building. Turns out our ceramic tech is neighbors with a guy who has quite the antique bike collection. He said 600 bikes!? So i have to hunt down this soon-to-be-friend-of-mine-against-his-will. Lol.
Can you tell i miss having my local bike friends?

I've uncovered some killer original paint on the chain guard. Pinstripes included. I dont want to talk about how many q tips soaked in nail polish remover that ive gone through. Haha. But it looks sooo good. Unfortunately the paint on the frame is absolutely gone. So the chain guard being so well preserved is just a lucky gift.

Ive been sanding down the bondo on the fenders @Floyd worked so hard on. Then ill get to stripping the paint off the actual metal parts of the fenders.
She came to us missing the front fender, so he constructed his own to model after what it should have been. The back fender was also cut near the battery box, and he welded a found fender on. Again, she's never going to be a perfect original example. I dont need her to be. I really enjoy the story behind her. @Floyd and I have built so many memories with this bike. I will forever feel a huge sense of honor for this bike to have been gifted to me.

Nice to see progress on yours Katie! I'd be interested to see what the paint or metal looks like underneath the head tube area.

My bike was found missing it's og fenders and is I believe over painted. It has the wiring holes but also at least one head badge hole and a truss fork...Wondering Brant does your 36 Super Streamline have these wiring holes or not?

IMG_20220212_115124237.jpg

IMG_20220212_114925625.jpg

IMG_20220212_115201986.jpg

Nfs please no PM's

20200809_165416[1].jpg

Last edited:
I've been working hard to come up with some
fresh and relevant additional info to add to this thread. I've been able to confirm with a veteran collector who has both an original '36 Safety and also '36 Super Streamline (not NMB), that in fact both frames carry both wiring holes. What this means is that the existence of the two holes does not in itself definitively indicate either a Safety or Super. To confirm either way one would have to align as many tell tale clues as possible to support their theory.

The issue of the existence or non existence of any head badge holes on the Safety has not been confirmed as yet. Marty can you help here? Have you ever had the light housing off your Safety to inspect the head tube area?

Finally something that has not been mentioned as yet in this thread and which may be helpful to you Katie is the way the unique front fender was attached to the underside of the fork on the Safety. According to the gentleman I spoke with it's held on from underneath with two screws and small brackets, as opposed to a standard central hole as on the Super. I understand your fender is a modified item however if your fork is from a Safety it will have some evidence of these holes underneath.

Please post up your findings when you get to the paint removal at the head tube area! It would also be interesting to see if there are traces of original color on the fork steering tube where it goes inside the head tube and also overspray inside the head tube or bottom bracket to see if there's a color match between frame and fork.

Last edited:
Back